2010 Olympics

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
We are excited in our house this year about the Olympics. One of the young ladies that Rebecca grew up skating with is headed off to represent the USA in Ladies Figure Skating.

Watch out for Mirai Nagasu. She is 16, from Arcadia, CA. She represents the Pasadena Figure Skating Club and we are all so proud of her achievement.

Are you going to be cheering anyone special in the events?

http://www.zimbio.com/Mirai+Nagasu/pictures/pro

Screenshot2010-02-11at30936PM.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
We call Steve a Speed Skater. Is that what they are called in Holland?

Ohhh, that's

just soooo cool, Robin!!

Best wishes to her!!

Figure skaters are sooooo much fun to watch! If only I were that flexible....LOLOLOL

Cindy Klassen. Most decorated Speedskater for women in canada! and she is from Winnipeg.

WOOT! She had to come home early from the olympics last time because her sisters SUV went over one bridge and landed on the ice on the red river. thankfully she lived.

I'm rooting for all of them! I just read an article about women ski-jumpers -- there's a very talented bunch out there, but ski-jumping is currently a male-only Olympic Sport. Maybe next time they'll get to compete.

I usually really enjoy the Winter Olympics. We'll be watching.

I'll be watching. It's fun to have someone to watch that someone you know has a connection with! I hope she does well.
My daughter ran track on scholarship at a college some years back. One of the guys she ran with eventually ended up in the Olympics and that was fun to watch too!

Did you hear the sad news about the luge racer from Georgia (Russia) who died during practice yesterday? It's so sad. He was only abouit 19 and while racing, he literally went off the rails and went flying into a steel post at about 90 miles an hour.

Yes that made me very sad. I heard there were complaints about the track and the speed that the luge travels.
I hope for the world this is the only sad day in the events.

YES he did it!!!! Our Sven Kramer just won a GOLDEN medal on the 5000 m distance!!!! :clap:

Well, we have Alexandre Bilodeau who took the Gold Medal in the Men's moguls! :woot:

They showed some background piece on Alexandre last night about him and his brother. It was very touching. Seems like a real awesome guy.

I agree Bernard. It was quite inspirational to me too. A unique individual.
Proud of him.

Lovin the olympics. :D And I'll definitely be cheering for her Robin. Love the figure skating.

Still lovin Apolo Ohno, he's probably my all time fav winter olympian. I believe short track resumes tomorrow. Can't wait. (Hes not from my hometown tho, or even my state, lol) Just so exciting to watch, I find myself yelling at the TV. :p

That snowboard cross was very enjoyable to watch last night.

The athletes just blow me away. I cry like a baby when the medals are being presented, regardless of the winning country. I am just so proud of everyone there.

I've been watching every evening, cheering for all the athletes. The pairs figure skating last night was beautiful. And stressful! I get nervous as they launch into their big jumps.

Hey nak- I don't know if you work outside the home or not, but its also on TV during the day as well.

My channel hasn't changed since Friday night. :D

I have watched a bit during the day. Just the network stuff, since I just have basic cable. But my bitch of a boss has been cracking the whip lately. (I'm self-employed).

Back
Top Bottom