2010 Olympics

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Why are you so hard on yourself, Nakamova? I don't call it "cracking the whip", I call it "super motivation"! :D

My youngest boy is waiting unpatiently for the bobsleighing to begin.
Searching for some bobsleigh video's he discovered this one. Hilarious! :roflmao:

Equipment malfunction on aisle 2!

They seemed to have removed the video. (censurated very quick...)

Let's try another one.

:roflmao:

I see the first video just fine.

Still lovin Apolo Ohno, he's probably my all time fav winter olympian. I believe short track resumes tomorrow. Can't wait. (Hes not from my hometown tho, or even my state, lol) Just so exciting to watch, I find myself yelling at the TV. :p

Be glad. Last time Apolo was at the Olympics, all of King and Pierce counties went insane. Granted, the man is very good at what he does. But when he won, and then when Megan Quann (from Puyallup) won the gold in swimming, it got a little crazy for a while. I love me some sports and will yell at my TV and jump up and down in my living room as much as the next guy, but running into the street and dancing in front of my one ton delivery van (after Quann's performance) made me a very unhappy camper.

I was rooting for Ohno the other night, though ;) Seattle's not techincally my hometown, but I did live near there for 15 years and worked in the city for about 5, so close enough. :rock:

Wow Inaara, that is crazy!!! We've had some crazy parades when the Cowboys have won super bowls and I keep as far away as I can. Lived in Dallas my whole life and have never liked the Girls. :roflmao:

How about Lindsey Vonn yesterday. Sooo awesome!!! And Shaun White- is he amazing or what? He scored higher on his victory lap then his 1st run.

LOVE the Olympics, but towards the end I've had enough..lol.

Mens figure skating finals tonight, pulling for the American, and not that russian guy with a mullet that always wins.

Watch for Ohno on Saturday. :D

very funny Bernard!
Now does anyone know if she actually continued the run like that? must have been some nasty frostbite!

Or her "natural gas" could have propelled her somewhat! :roflmao:

:roflmao: What a way to be remembered." Yep I'm the one that split open my suit and showed my butt to the world."

:bjump:After one gold medal by Sven Kramer we just won a silver and bronze, two of our Dutch women speed skaters are 2nd and 3rd on the 1000 m!
My congratulations to Canada with their golden winner! :clap:

The U.S. won the Men's Figure Skating Gold medal, dethroning the current Russian Olympic gold medalist! Quite the performance to watch! :clap:

I saw that on my facebook and almost spit coffee on my keyboard in shock (I think it's the first time since Lillehammer that I actually didn't watch, to be honest). Wasn't Brian Boitano the last American man to win gold in figure skating? Now I am going to have to youtube those performances, hehe.

Yes, it was since Lillehammer and Brian Boitano was the last American person prior to the Men's gold medal in Figure Skating.

Now Evgeni Plushenkoy is being a spoiled sport. I agree with Dick Button though who says take the jumps away from his program and he has nothing holding it together. I am in love with the Japanese skater Takahashi. Such grace and passion in his short program. He was one with his music.
Proud of Evan. He is a nice person as well as talented.

Ah, the Russians are just so used to winning gold medals, they cry when they don't get gold. You'd think after they stole the medal from Sale & Pelletier in Salt Lake, they'd stop crying and be good sports. After all, the Russians were handed a gold in Salt Lake that they clearly did not deserve and the Canadians so clearly did and the committee ended up going back and awarding a second gold and the sport had to completely revamp the scoring system over it. (stepping off my soapbox now ;) )

Back
Top Bottom