About your State / Region - BRAG IT ON!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

brain

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Florida is my State!
Home of the Gatorade!
The State that needs another
State to count our electoral
votes!
Famous far de Swanee Ribber
(Oops, my Southernism is reflecting)
*laughs*

AND We're Home of the..... (and more)

images
images
images
5545.gif

images
images
images
images
images

floridastate.jpg
images
images
images
images

Last edited:
Kentucky....um.....um...

Sorry, can't think of a thing. But then, I'm getting tired of it here and am ready for a change - somewhere where there is much less winter. Brain, Florida is my kind of place (except for maybe the Palmetto bugs). I lived in southern Florida for about 6 months for a college co-op job (about 25 years ago) and LOVED it.

Oh, wait...I thought of something. Kentucky has some really nice state parks. Natural Bridge is one of my favorites. And we have Mammoth Cave - way cool! And I guess the springs are pretty - I'm looking out my window now at all the daffodils and flowering trees.

:sheep:

Hi, BIGMAN131307 and I'm a New York Stater.

New York is, a, um a semi-decent state to live in. It has nice north country that's good for fishing, camping, hunting, etc. We get snow (sometimes). But lately it hasn't snowed too much. Lately that's the only thing that has made me feel better about living here. I enjoy seeing the faces of avid skiers when we get no snow. :) The good thing about New York state is the temperature range (about -10 to 100). IMHO New York state would be a perfect
place to live year round if the temperature range was (40 to 70).

FYI: If I ever hit the lottery I'm out of here. Hawaii here I come. :)

I live in Utah.

Home of the 2002 Winter Olympics, the Sundance Film Festival and some of the best ski resorts in the world and as you all know, the LDS church's headquarters are also located here.

In Utah we have a variety of landscapes. Deserts, mountains, forests, lakes. We have those beautiful arches down south that are nice too.

Oh, I also read a news article that said Utah has the highest rate of prescription drug use in the country with 6.5 percent of the population abusing drugs.

The only thing that sucks about my state is that gambling is illegal so we have to drive to a town on the Utah/Nevada border to do our gambling.

The legislature also recently put a new law into effect increasing the amount of alcohol in our drinks so that we have the same amount as the rest of the nation.
Now when I go to the bar I dont have to hear those whiners who go,"Utah sucks because there is a lower alcohol percentage in our drinks." Which then I would always say,"Just drink twice as much, dum dum." and they would say,"You wanna fight?" and I would be like,"Ya foo, lets go outside and throw down!"

Sorry, Im ranting. Anyways, Utah rocks! :rock:

Ohio...
well...Cedar Point and Kings Island ROCK!!!:rock:
and you can never put your winter or summer clothes away because you never know when the weather is going to change. One day it's 30 degrees, the next, it's 70. So if you like surprises, Ohio is the place to be!
But Dale is really the person to brag about Ohio because I'm moving to Pensacola to go to college in about a year....:paperbag:

Last edited:
California is by far the WORST state in the Union. Stay away. There are earthquakes, fires, mudslides, and flooding from time to time. Traffic is terrible, the prices are sky high, and the people.. well you can guess why many call it LaLa Land.

Is that enough reasons to keep you away?
Please do not look at the gorgeous blue skies and the girls in bikinis on New Years Day.
It is Hollywood my friends. Much can be done with special effects.

COLORFUL COLORADO

Hosting the 2008 Democratic National Convention in August

Home of the BEST hockey team
AVALANCHE.gif

and baseball team
col_logo.gif

the football team is just so so
denver_broncos.gif

We have the beautiful Rocky Mountains
bells.gif

We have 360 sunny days a year and four distinct seasons.

The infamous muder of
Jonbenet9.png

State flower
Heliotropepurple4608.jpg

In memorandum
ColumbineTribute01.jpg

Last edited:
Wisconsin Not a bad place to live (never lived anywhere else) the one annoying thing is the weather. It can go from 30 at 6 AM to 8 by 4 in the afternoon. Makes dressing the kids for school a treat.

One of the most popular places to visit in the state is Wisconsin Dells, where the Wisconsin River passes through a winding gorge about 13 km (about 8 mi) long.

Wisconsin is among the nation's leaders in production of dairy products and is sometimes called America's Dairyland.

One of the nation's worst natural disasters took place in Peshtigo in 1871, when a forest fire killed more than 1000 people and damaged $5 million worth of property.

Wisconsin ranks number one in # of milk cows (1,500,000) and produces over 15% of the entire country's milk.

Wisconsin has over 14,000 lakes, with Lake Winnebago the largest. It also has 7,446 streams and rivers, which if you stuck them end to end they'd stretch nearly 27,000 miles--enough to circle the whole planet.

Milwaukee's Summerfest is the nation's largest music festival, with over 2,500 performers.

Wisconsin is known as the Badger State after the living habits of early miners in the region who either lived in mine shafts or dug their homes out of the sides of hills--just like Badgers do.

The House on the Rock was designed and built in the early 1940s. It is considered an architectural marvel and is perched on a 60-foot chimney of rock. The 14-room house is now a complex of rooms, streets, buildings, and gardens covering over 200 acres. The Infinity Room contains 3,264 windows.

In 1882 the first hydroelectric plant in the United States was built at Fox River.

Milwaukee is home of Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

The first Ringling Brothers Circus was staged in Baraboo in 1884.

State Bird: Robin
Flower: Wood Violet
Animal: Badger

Famous people:
Tyne Daly ~ Actress
Harry Houdini ~ Magician
Chalres & John Ringling ~ circus Entrepreneurs
Frank Lloyd Wright ~ Architect
Laura Ingalls Wilder ~ Author
Jeffrey Dahmer
Ed Gein ~ Both were "cannibalistic serial killers" :evil:

Kendra! The Broncos are so so!? They rock! :rock:

Of course, if we had our own NFL team, we wouldnt have to like yours so much...

Everyone in Utah loves the Broncos for that very reason.

And as for Robin, as least you have the Terminator as your governator, isnt that good? and you have Disneyland too, and Six Flags! :woot:

Everyone talking about their states gives me the urge to go travelling. I wish I had more money. Id go everywhere. Except Wisconsin (Jeffrey Dahmer AND Ed Gein?)
I think Ill stay away. I dont want to end up in pieces... Im just kidding! :roflmao: Im sure Wisconsin is great.

Not to worry they are both long gone. I am not sure how Ed died, but he's been gone since 1984. Jeffrey on the other hand was beaten to death by a "lifer" in prison in November 1994. Honestly we aren't all that bad :)

Last edited:
Oh I belive you. I at least know for sure that you arent bad. I doubt a cannibal would call themselves a purple angel. Right?

I just got back from lunch and got reminded of another thing about Utah I can brag about. We have the worlds first Kentucky Fried Chicken here, a few blocks my very own home.

Check out this picture I took on my way out. Is Colonel Sanders chicken really SO good that he needs a statue!? Honestly!

The inside of this KFC is like a museum too, full of all of Colonel Sanders personal belongings.

Attachments

• 265315365_895683096_0.jpg
    265315365_895683096_0.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
And as for Robin, as least you have the Terminator as your governator, isnt that good? and you have Disneyland too, and Six Flags! :woot:

My joke did not go over well...

I love my state.. I just wish others didn't like it so much too. It is getting far too crowded. I can't think of many places I would rather live. It would take a full thread to tell you about my state, as I have lived both Northern and Southern.

Here in my area.. Huntington Gardens, Descanso Gardens, San Gabriel Mountains, SoCA beaches, 30 min from ocean to mtns. (without traffic), THE EEG INSTITUTE, Art Center College of Design, JPL Propulsion Laboratory (NASA), USC, UCLA, Craftsman Homes, Palm Trees, flowers blooming all year round, no snow except when you want to drive to it, sunsets, The Movie Industry, Disneyland, .....

San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Palm Springs, Lake Tahoe, Mendocino..
and the list goes on and on and on.

Just remember we have earthquakes. I have survived.. all of them :roflmao:

Ah, you were joking, I gotcha.

Whenever I get the opportunity to go on vacation, I always end up going to California to go to Disneyland and Six Flags.
I need to visit some other places like New York, DC or Florida. Oh and Hawaii!

My state is consciousness....

:banana:...happy to have it!

TEXAS

:rock:

Wisconsin!!!

Home of the Green Bay Packers!!

Northern Wisconsin has been called God's country and that it certainly is. There is nothing more beautiful than travelling to northern Wisconsin with the beautiful trees and lots of wildlife to watch. There is nothing more wonderful than escaping the hustle and bustle of the city, going north and having peace and quiet and no schedules. For me it's always hard to come home to the stress of city live.

Although, I think every state has something wonderful to offer.

Texas has many different climates and zones. From the northern Lubbock where it is dry and can get pretty hot during the summer and pretty cold during the winter. All the way to the Southern tip where it stays warm and is pretty much tropical all year round.

Texas has the Natural Bridge Caverns. It has the mountains and wildlife in the Big Bend area. There are piney woods and lots of lakes in central to east Texas. My father used to own a lakehouse on Lake Livingston. It was great and I wish he still had it!

http://www.tourtexas.com/bigbend.html
http://www.tourtexas.com/panhandle.html
http://www.tourtexas.com/prairie.html
http://www.tourtexas.com/piney.html
http://www.tourtexas.com/gulf.html (I live in Clute)
http://www.tourtexas.com/south.html
http://www.tourtexas.com/hill.html

Many, many people love to go to the hill country around this time of the year as bluebonnets cover the pastures and lands for miles....just solid bluebonnets. Alot of people take their kids and put them in a field of bluebonnets to take pictures. It is awesome.

Kendra! The Broncos are so so!? They rock! :rock:

Of course, if we had our own NFL team, we wouldnt have to like yours so much...

Everyone in Utah loves the Broncos for that very reason.

I am a fair-weather fan with the Broncos! I cheer when they are winning and boo when they are loosing!

Back
Top Bottom