Addicted to this web-site

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I love this web-site that I think I'm addicted to it!!!:roflmao:

It was funny, last night I couldn't get on the internet and just didn't know what to do. After about an hour of trying to figure things out on my own I called my internet provider hoping to get some help from them.

When I called I had to go through a menu so they could get me to the right person to help.

I pressed the number that said "Cannot access the internet". After I did that the menu said "Please hold for the next available agent or go to www.[I]name of provider.com

Now tell me, if I can't get on the internet how am I going to get to that web site for help????

I finally did manage to get on though.

Anyone else like me, start to go through with drawls if they can't get on here?

You wouldn't have comcast, would you? Sounds like their service!

When I was first diagnosed it felt like an addiction. But really I was just so hungry for information on my disorder and how to handle it, this place was like a lifeline. Cut me off from it and I felt as alone and scared as I did before I found it.

Now it's more like my favorite neighborhood bar. I like dropping in everyday to imbibe, and may stay awhile or come back later, but can easily leave or be gone for awhile if I want to. :)

People with temporal lobe epilepsy are known for their psychic abilities.

:roflmao:

My name is Rae, and I am an addict. Although I refuse to accept help to quit ;)

After hurricane Ike blew through and we went a few days without power, I was Jonesing pretty bad for my internet fix.

I didn't know there was anything like this.

I have found out more information here there ANY of Drs.

I feel I a place to call home. People like me. I don't feel so scared as I did before. It makes a difference when people understand.

My mother and dad never did, they just put me in a closet. It wasn't until I was married that my husband took to a dr. to see what was wrong.

Then HE talked to my Mom and DAD-telling them I HAD EPILESY, and that they were not to say anything to me that me feel that they had in the years earily. I think that back then they didn't have the information and they did the best they could.

It touches my heart when I read parents trying to get answers for their children. Not to mention the good advise they give.

WELLL, I guess I better shut my mouth

There is no reason on this website you have to shut your mouth, we are all here for each other and you can speak whenever you want

And Yes, I am addicted,all day at work this site is open then when I get home. My husband is almost sad because when he talks to me i'm absorbed in this heaven!

I found this site a 1 1/2 weeks ago and go on it everyday. It makes me feel like I am not alone anymore. Yes, my family is very supportive and my husband is always here, but sometimes they just dont understand.
After so long not knowing what was going on and being told so many diffrent things, I have learned alot here and have had some of my questions answered that I just wasnt able to learn or get anwsers for anywhere else.
I have to admit that when reading something and wanting to post I still feel insecure and stupid, but thats just me.
I want to thank everyone in advance for putting up with me. :)

Please don't hesitate to post Jeannie, and don't worry about what people think! Everyone is here to help and be helped.

I am glad you found this site. This is just what I needed also, even through I have Had E. for 40 plus years.
It is true what you said there are answers to questions that I was surprised to find, since the Dr. does know.
My heart Dr. told me that he learn about the heart and med. from listening to his patients. BOY do I wish the Neur. felt that way.
I have found HERE that the people here understand because we have been there.
I say all that to say welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom