Any musicians in here?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I play some guitar but do mainly vocals. A buddy and me have some recordings done. We're trying to get a bassist and drummer so we can get somewhat serious. There are so many bands where I live it's not even funny! I live in Athens, GA where REM is from so...

I took lessons from the park and recreation's program when I was a teenager. I love to play the guitar and have collected music for years. I mostly play music from the 60's and 70's and classic folk songs, Puff the Magic Dragon. The Beatles, Elton John, Carly Simon songs are a few of my favorite. La Bamba is a song I play well also.

Enjoy your talent!

instruments

I chimed in earlier (in another thread) that I have played drums for over 30 years. Nice to see other musicians here.
I was referred to Speber's Auditorium but didn't know if that was the thread or a person's site. Hey, I am new and lost. What else is new!?

:embarrassed:

Hi Ed here
I study Jazz guitar and used to play out as a solo act part time. I work at it every day for about 2 hours. It's tough now as i used to have 50 +tunes in my head and now they are just not there . Its hard to figure out what to do, spend my practice time relearing old tunes or push on with improviztion and chord melody. I was recording on a "Boss Br 600 and picked up Bass just enough to fill in . The unit supplies the percussion. The boss unit is a whole new learning curve . For now i'm trying al little of everything, memory tunes, scales. inversions etc. and slowly trying to pick up one new tune . I try to cover too much But i love it and eventually my goal is to put out a CD just for my own satisfaction. Play on my man.

Ed.

Sabine, I think you're right (no pun intended, if that is even a pun :) ).

I play the guitar (fingerstyle) and I've had to reduce the amount I play due to epilepsy. I couldn't concentrate enough to strum chords for a long time, but now I'm getting better and getting back into it.

Rock on, musos :)

I got invited to go Aaron lewis acoustic solo tour... Front row seats on Feb. 25 show in Hammond, IN...
Not to brag or anything...
Long trip to get there but im going..
------I really like my guitar!

I took piano lessons from when I was 11 until I was 13. I had to stop because the exam years were coming up (Years 9, 10 and 11 in England). I can only play The Godfather Theme (without chords), the two beginning lines of Comptine D'Un Autre Ete: L'Apres-Midi, a piano song that I heard on one episode of Criminal Minds (without chords), and the basic notes for The Exorcist Theme. I'm hoping to start learning again in about 2 years' time. I'm still a beginner.

Piano, Organ - violin (poorly).. mostly 'church' music - Bach being my favourite :)

In high school I played Trombone, Trumpet, Sax and Bass Guitar. Now I play electric, it's actually calming to pound on the strings blaring out songs from my favorite bands. The Offspring and Metallica. It's kinda hard to remember songs with such a bad memory though. Doesn't stop me from trying :) Oh I also sing..........when I'm alone :p

Guitar every once in a while...mostly synthesizer/drum machine (hardware) :D

Back
Top Bottom