Anyone following April the Giraffe?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CathyAnn31

Big Smile
Reaction score
April is a giraffe at a zoo in New York. She's very pregnant and due to give birth anytime. There's a live cam you can follow to see how she's doing.

I'm addicted. I've been staring at my TV or iPad screen for 3 days. It's funny, you'll think she's about to have the calf but it's only a poop she was working on. :p

If you're interested, just google April the Giraffe and you should be able to find the live feed. People from all over the world are tuned in.

Anyone care to guess when the baby might make its debut??

Hurry up, little one! I need my life back..lol.

Went to go check it out, very interesting! I will keep my eye open and with luck... can't guess just when birth will be though.

I saw this on the news this evening and thought of you, cause you live in TX is why! It sounds like people are going crazy over it. They said that there are even TVs set up in classrooms so children will be able to watch the birth. I thought it was pretty funny, because kids could get to see the baby born which could be a little scary but interesting too.

According to one article about April: "Giraffe pregnancies last for 15 months, with newborn calves weighing about 150lb and standing 6ft." Yikes!

According to one article about April: "Giraffe pregnancies last for 15 months, with newborn calves weighing about 150lb and standing 6ft." Yikes!

That's what they said on the news. Its like she'd be giving birth to a full grown man! Ouch!!!!!!

Valerie, the Dallas Zoo had a giraffe cam a few years ago. It was sponsored by Animal Planet so it was a bigger production, this one pales in comparison. But giraffes are adorable and I still enjoy watching and anticipating. I hope this baby has a better fate than the Dallas one. He broke his neck and died when he was just a few months old. I was heart-broken. :(

I have a funny emoticon I'll text you..:D

No baby yet. I have a great unisex name though..lolol.

Molasses

:roflmao:

Did y'all hear about baby giraffe Dobby? He was born at a Denver zoo earlier this week. Teeny tiny thing was only 5 feet tall and 75 pounds. Average size of a newborn giraffe is 6ft, 150 lbs. His mom was on birth control shots and imagine the surprise of the zoo keepers when they saw moms expanding belly! Anyways, he's had a few problems with standing and nursing plus a weakened immune system and was given plasma. Poor lil guy. I hope he perks up and gets healthy soon.

April still hasn't had her calf yet. C'mon, dang giraffe!! :roflmao:

Maybe we should place bets on the birthdate...

Did y'all hear about baby giraffe Dobby? He was born at a Denver zoo earlier this week. Teeny tiny thing was only 5 feet tall and 75 pounds. Average size of a newborn giraffe is 6ft, 150 lbs. His mom was on birth control shots and imagine the surprise of the zoo keepers when they saw moms expanding belly! Anyways, he's had a few problems with standing and nursing plus a weakened immune system and was given plasma. Poor lil guy. I hope he perks up and gets healthy soon.

April still hasn't had her calf yet. C'mon, dang giraffe!! :roflmao:

I did see about that. Every time I check to see if April had her baby I read that a baby giraffe was born and I think it was hers until they say it's the one in Denver!

When I was watching the other day April's belly started moving like crazy and I thought that I was actually going to get to see her have the baby but the only thing that came out was poop! :roflmao:

Maybe we should place bets on the birthdate...

This sound's like a good idea. What would we win?

Ok, her name is April so my guess is April 1st. April Jr..lol

That's 'Fool's Day' so you're probably a fool if you think she's going to have it then!!! :roflmao:

I'm betting on March 17th (Saint Patrick's Day). In the Boston area, March 17th is also a holiday called "Evacuation Day", so it seems appropriate...

Dobby made his 1st public appearance yesterday at the Denver Zoo! He was very wobbly and was only allowed to be seen for three hours (with momma giraffe) to see how he would do.
They will decide from there when to let the public see him again. Poor little guy, still looks very weak.

So the right giraffe had right baby in right zoo with wrong birth control.boy and girl giraffe not supervised to well in Denver boy girl giraffe get up to naughties maybe someone read birth control instructions next time....these giraffes randy little buggers :)

April still hasn't had the baby. My house has been so quiet the last few weeks because I'm watching it on the TV and there's no sound.

I bought the cutest giraffe keychains on Amazon.. :p

I'm not obsessed, I swear.

I put my money on today being the delivery day, so she better produce....

April still hasn't had the baby. My house has been so quiet the last few weeks because I'm watching it on the TV and there's no sound.

I bought the cutest giraffe keychains on Amazon.. :p

I'm not obsessed, I swear.

Why would anyone on here think you're obsessed with her????? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom