been a long stressful day

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Got my 2nd denial paperwork from SSDI today and wasnt expecting this, email my caseworker and she messaged back stated, that she called them and it was still pending, an the paperwork was dated with yesterday's date!
So now I'm left wondering did she do her job?
My personal atty is close friends with the firm she works for so I left a message for her to contact her boss and find out with whole deal and get back to me. Now it's all up to sitting before an ALJ judge in 12-14 months so I still have time to get things together but at the same time my depression is kicking back in and I;m left to wonder is it really worth fighting for anymore, (I know answer is yes) but the stress is causing my seizures to act up again.
If I dont get this the problems i could cause are even bigger than just me, it means the loss of my girls to my ex and me not getting to see any of my kids thanks to the justice system since I cant work due to medical issues but disability seems to think I can work even though I cannot, they stated I can walk without my cane (yes in my home!) can use my hands one freely (at home both!) treatments have worked (ummmm no! them why does my back constantly hurt and can I hardly move most days) PT never worked 3 OT sessions they told me have a great day we dont have to see you again? and today my PCP told me talk to your neuro about gettng tested for MS before trying injections there is no rush (my current neuro doesnt think anything I have is real but hopefully the 2nd opinion one see's something he didnt) and the same withthe new epi doc I see soon too!)
Sorry for this being o long and if this is in the worng place I need to vent.
thank you everyone for being there for me through everytihing so far and in the future you guys have been the greatest people I have met!

Mike

SSDI loves to deny people repeatedly. It's to weed out those looking for extra money from those who really need it. Keep at it and you'll get it eventually. :)

How long 'til you get that second opinion? :)

I know i've been denied 2x now and nows on to the alj judge and my case worker may not have even called SSDI so I've been depressed, and it's been bugging me,
and thanks Silat!
21st for the neuro and the epi got moved up to the 25th and my new shrink is on the 29th and my PCP says wait on injections till I can get a neuro to test me also for MS to see if that is also where some of where my back pain is come from not just the extra lower lumbar vertabre i have 6 most people have 5
mike

Well hey! That's not too long for the 2nd opinion! :)
Interesting about the extra vertebrae... Does that mean you're a little taller, or are the 6 slightly smaller so that they take up the same space as 5 normally would?
And they will push your buttons to try to get you to back off of getting SSDI. Some things get immediate approval, like a cancer diagnosis, but anything that is long-term typically requires a lot of work and paperwork to receive. :)

Back
Top Bottom