Big kid moment!!!! Gutted and bored

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Crazy Monkey

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
I am currently in Florida getting some winter sunshine over the holiday period (did you all miss me??). Today I visited Disneys Hollywood Studios theme park it was cram packed with people. During the block party bash show, a load of bouncy balls were launched into the crowd, what with being a big kid, I decided I wanted a bouncy ball so I chased after one, I just beat another lady to it, BUT in the process I twisted my ankle and now I am sitting with an elevated leg in my hotel room getting bored and feeling miserable, I still have a lot of walking to do this week and currently it cannot bear my weight
:eek:(

I am hoping that it is only a sprain and not a break, I have done both before, I will give it a few hours and if I am not overly happy with it, it looks like a trip to the hospital is in order. At least if I get some crutches I will be mobile again.

I am feeling down in the dumps, but on the plus side, it could be worse, I might not have my bouncy ball to play with:eek:)

You are one Crazy Monkey.

I took my kids on a 4 day Park Hopper trip there, and decided ....never again
Hope you are up an about in no time at all.
Remember heat and cold... and repeat

Yep, my uncle has just gone to the ice machine as we speak, I have a plan to make an ice pack using a sock hehe, (a clean one not a smelly one).

Good job I had shopping spree at the lego store yesterday

Thats not fair you were only having fun!
Hope it isnt a break and it feels better soon so you can enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Heat

works better if used first. You need to keep the blood flowing so that your body can start repairing the damage sooner. And, Yes, it does keep the swelling down. I don't use ice. It is torture; and if you leave it on too long, you can actually cause some minor damage.
I have had dislocations of most of the joints in my body. My ankle sprains are dislocations, not breakage. Same with my foot, knee, shoulders, back, etc. so I have some experience with this. I yell at people who insist on giving me ice, as I am not able to walk afterward. With heat you should be walking in an hour. Light exercise should also help, until it is back to normal.

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I laughed?

Sorry you hurt your ankle. Glad to hear you still have a spark of life in you. :)

No theme parks for me today

Thanks Bernard for the sympathy, you are so kind!!!!

I laughed my head off, all the adults were chasing after the bouncy balls and the kids were just watching them bounce away. hehe ( I am still laughing now and it is the following day)

Update -

I kept my ankle elevated until about midnight, with ice packs and attempted heat (but heat wasn't easy to come by) I have had an occassional walk to stop it from getting stiff. From past experience with a sprain, it needs a couple of days rest and after that the more you use it the better it gets. With my last ankle break (I was playing football-soccer) I was on crutches for about 4 months.

At the moment when I attempt to walk on it, it is making a weird popping/clicking noise/feeling, which I am a bit concerned about. I only want to go to the hospital as a last resort because of insurance issues when I am away from the UK, although a pair of crutches would be very useful at the moment, it would enable me to finish my theme park days up.

I think I am annoying my neighbours as I keep throwing my bouncy ball against the wall and catching it whilst laying on my bed hehe (neighbour from hell) well I have got to amuse myself somehow as I am staying in a cheap hotel with no HBO as I was not expecting to spend this much time in the room.

Thank God for lego and bouncy balls.

You are

one CRAZY MONKEY!!! LOLOLOL:woot::woot:

Sorry to hear about your ankle, kiddo....hope it's starting to feel a bit better by now.

Maybe you ought to build yourself an ambulance out of those Legos.......:roflmao::roflmao::bigmouth:

And to imply that CM wasn't too
far away from me, had PM'd me
to let me know that they were
nearby!

:tup:

And mind you - the weather was
S-U-M-M-E-R here ... but OH MY!
The Fog that they had to endure
over there ... gee whiz!

AND YEAH - WE DO Have Ice Rinks
24/7/365 in FLORIDA!

:pfft:

I could go to the Mall over here and
ice skate whenever I want to! And to
imply how those up North thought "we"
were lying when we stated that we can
ice skate too ...

:roflmao:

But so sorry to hear about your ankle,
that's very common place in Florida ...
unfortunately - the BEACH is the solution!

;)

Hi Sharon

The weather has been fabbo, tho it appears to have changed today, it is very windy here in Orlando, whats it like your way??? if its sunny I'm heading your way again this afternoon to the beach.

I think I need some fresh sea air after my new years eve celebration, I am still fairly immobile so I plonked my butt down at the party and everyone kept getting me drinks and 2 cuban brothers kept buying me vodka jello shots which have to be syringed into your mouth, it was one fun night. We rocked the new year in with a brilliant Elvis impersonator.

CM : YOU ARE JUST SOOOOO LUCKY !.....

....I wish I was there with a dodgy ankle - it's -2deg over here now, and my nuts are about to drop from the tree where they're freezing !

Look on the bright side, all you have to do now is hobble through the Disney gates, go and get a wheelchair, and you have access to all the front row seats at the shows :rock: .....(that's what we did when my Niece got bit by some dodgy insect and a lump appeared on her leg, and then she spent the night in a Hospital which cost the Insurance company somewhere in the region of 4k !!)

There'll always be a bright side to any gloomy day

I was thinking more about getting one of those electric scooter things, but I guess I wouldn't be allowed one of them :eek:( but you're right I can be a line jumper which is deffo required as I can't get on a bloody thing, 180 minute waits for the most popular rides and I am not waiting that long.

I often come to Florida at christmas and I have never seen it like this before, the Interstate is constantly at a stand still, for some reason this year has been very busy and I thought no one was travelling due to the credit crunch.

I am going to try for the Magic Kingdom tomorrow, if my ankle is not up to it, which I doubt it is, then I am going with Brain's suggestion of the beach.

I was thinking more about getting one of those electric scooter things, but I guess I wouldn't be allowed one of them :eek:( but you're right I can be a line jumper which is deffo required as I can't get on a bloody thing, 180 minute waits for the most popular rides and I am not waiting that long.

I often come to Florida at christmas and I have never seen it like this before, the Interstate is constantly at a stand still, for some reason this year has been very busy and I thought no one was travelling due to the credit crunch.

I am going to try for the Magic Kingdom tomorrow, if my ankle is not up to it, which I doubt it is, then I am going with Brain's suggestion of the beach.

180 minutes ???.....get a Fast-Pass and come back later

Would have done the fast pass thing if they were available, all available fast passes were collected by 10am leaving ev1 out of luck or having to wait. I have used my fair share of fast passes over the last couple of weeks, good job I was getting to the parks early as I never wait in line for longer then 50mins. Its a waste of time when I can people watch for funny events and ride lesser rides like ' its a small world'

I think I have done quite well, I have managed to get on most of the busy rides with some careful planning. Now I am just hoping that my ankle holds up for a few hours round the Magic Kingdom Friday night (maybe after a coffee with Sharon (Brain) during the day.

Back
Top Bottom