Brain surgery fun

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

clancy693

New
Reaction score
I wish I could type out this whole story with all the details but I'm on my cell and that would take forever.

After my first brain surgery I asked the doctor for my brain. He said he couldn't give it to me, had never had that request, and asked me what I would do with it.
I told him (and was going to) put it in my cubical at work and any time someone asked me why I did some thing wrong id point at the brain.
Well...after my second brain surgery he showed up to my room with a giant smile on his face. I asked him if he had brain for me he told me no but he had some thing close.
He handed me a small bag with the equipment that was used to hold my skull flap on.
I wore that on a kneckless for 5 years until I finally found a jewler that could work with surgical grade titanium. I finally found one and had him melt it all down and turn it into a ring.
I got it not long ago and am really excited!

I wish I could type out this whole story with all the details but I'm on my cell and that would take forever.

After my first brain surgery I asked the doctor for my brain. He said he couldn't give it to me, had never had that request, and asked me what I would do with it.
I told him (and was going to) put it in my cubical at work and any time someone asked me why I did some thing wrong id point at the brain.
Well...after my second brain surgery he showed up to my room with a giant smile on his face. I asked him if he had brain for me he told me no but he had some thing close.
He handed me a small bag with the equipment that was used to hold my skull flap on.
I wore that on a kneckless for 5 years until I finally found a jewler that could work with surgical grade titanium. I finally found one and had him melt it all down and turn it into a ring.
I got it not long ago and am really excited!
Dude! That is such a good idea! I had one brain surgery and I never thought of asking for any equipment. I plan to get my medical bracelet tattooed on probably my wrist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I tend to have a good sense of humor about my medical conditions.
Couldn't find a funny epilepsy shirt any where. So I just had a custom one made :)

Couldn't find a funny epilepsy shirt any where. So I just had a custom one made :)
How do I post a pic? I want to show it off!

How do I post a pic? I want to show it off!
Yeah please do! I'm generally pretty humorous as well, and I want some ideas!

I am using the internet on my cell. (Not an app)
I got you. Idk tho, I'm on this app called Tapatalk and it's easy through the app, but I went to the forum online through my phone and idk.
2c010bde00e57e5b1efce13979fb043b.jpg

I got you. Idk tho, I'm on this app called Tapatalk and it's easy through the app, but I went to the forum online through my phone and idk.
2c010bde00e57e5b1efce13979fb043b.jpg

That was a test. With the app it's real simple.

Well...
It is a black shirt with white print that has:
A martini and martini shaker and says:

Epilepsy
shaken not stirred

Well...
It is a black shirt with white print that has:
A martini and martini shaker and says:

Epilepsy
shaken not stirred
So is it "Epilepsy- shaken not stirred" written underneath the shaker and glass.

That is a BRILLIANT idea. I'm going to make one!

Way back in 1990, I had a left Temporal Lobectomy. They took a small portion of my left temporal lobe. I have it on video, but never would I want everyone to see it. Kinda sick, don't ya think? Most "normal" folks are grossed out by this stuff, at least in my world they are. When I even mention brain surgery, they freak out.

Way back in 1990, I had a left Temporal Lobectomy. They took a small portion of my left temporal lobe. I have it on video, but never would I want everyone to see it. Kinda sick, don't ya think? Most "normal" folks are grossed out by this stuff, at least in my world they are. When I even mention brain surgery, they freak out.
I had one brain surgery and in hindsight my Dad wishes he had watched it. I'm just glad he didn't, I'm not a fan of family watching me get cut open.

Sounds like we hang out with a different group of people.
I've had people ask to touch my scar so they can feel the gab. And I've had nothing but very positive comments about my ring.
Usually along the same reaction on this post.

Between my two surgeries my doctor estimated they took out between a quarter and a third of my brain.
Sounds like i had a much more sizable chunk taken out.
I wish I would have asked for the video :(. Didn't know that was an option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom