Can something be done about False Accusations?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Tonight we got a bit of a suprise at our door.... the cops showed up because our neighbors made a false report on us.

Here's the story....

Just like any other day around here, our lovely neighbors decided to play with their car stereo and go at it with the loud offensive music. Instead of parking in their drive way, they parked the car on the street, in front of their home. At first, I didnt let it bother me. But then they turned it up so loud that when we had our tv on loud, we could still hear the music. So, we called the non emergency line to ask what can be done? They said they would have an officer respond. Turns out three law enforcement cars showed up. Next thing we see is the wife coming out of the home, all pissed off. Talking with the officers. Pointing fingers. The husband must have got really mad. Right after the officers left, he started to walk down the street, in front of our home, and stopped next to our car parked in front of our home. I thought for sure he was going to do damage to it. We didnt give our name when we called in, but I assumed they knew it was us.

About 30-45 minutes later, we get a knock at the door. Its a police officer. The officer smiled and said the neighbors called them to report us.... for what you say?..... get this.... "Child Neglect"!

OMG Seriously?

They get mad over the fact that they are blaring loud offensive music, and then call the police to report us for child negelect?

I told the officer to come right in! We have nothing to hide. We asked what was said when they called in? The wife said they saw one of our kids walk outside in their underwear three days ago.

Ok... 3 days ago they were in school til 3:15pm. My husband picked them up, I was at my relatives helping them pack for their move at the end of the month. I got home late that night. The kids were in bed by the time I got home. He had them from the time they got home from school, which they did their homework, had a snack, and played video games and played some football in the backyard before eating supper.

I cant believe she would lie to the police and report us for child neglect. It seriously makes me so angry that she would lie. These people rent the home next to us, and cant get out of the home because they have no extra money to do so for a new security deposit. So were stuck having to deal with them. The bad thing is that the other neighbors down the street say they cant stand them either. I wish there was some way to get them out of here.

The officer said a report has to be made, but based off of them showing up because of the music being so loud, he said its their way of getting back at us.

I just cant believe they would make a false report. We asked the officer about it, and he said he cant put it down as a false report because there is no proof that it took place, or didnt take place. Its basicly what they say vs. what we say kind of thing.

Im just so freaking pissed that these people did this. All because they decided to play their stupid music, something they didnt have to do. They could have prevented us from calling the police. We were instructed by the police in June when we ran into bad times with them, to have NO contact with these people. If anything were to come up, to call the police. Not ever go over to their home and talk.

Im so sick of their crap. I wish there was something that can be done about this. Just makes me sick.

Last edited:
All i can say is that I truely believe in Karma. I am not the type of person to want to "get even", but I truely believe in Karma. What she did, was wrong. Something will come up in her life or their life... (her familie's life) that will not be good. Its something to always think about. Why do something bad when it can do harm to you?

I did contact the local police dept here with my concerns to see if anything can be done. Knowing my luck I wont hear from them, or will be told the same thing the officer here told me.... Nope... nothing can be done... its your word vs her word.

Does the landlord care? Can't they kick this family out? If the family is so disrespectful, just think what a disaster the inside of the house must be!

What a mess, I don't envy you. :(

The landlord could care less. All they care about is getting the $750 a month for rent. heck it took us two months to get in touch with the city in regards to the house conditions. We first contacted the landlord, which they showed up in mid july to say all the stuff that we listed in the letter (we didnt put our name on the letter, just sent it out) they showed up talking to the parents out on the porch that day, saying everything listed was all that way before they moved in! LOL Which was a lie.

It then took me having to get in touch with the city and have a guy come out to inspect the place. Weeks later this guy tells me the city inspector said all was fine. I wrote back with a picture attached of the window which was broken, with lots of pieces of glass in it, and a busted lock which was in the kid's bedroom with a mattress (last I saw when I was in the home) pushed up to the window, where we have seen the youngest hang 3/4 of his body out the window, this also being on the second story of the home.

Then once the picture was given, the landlord must have been contacted, and told the fix the repairs. It was just in the past few weeks we saw the landlord repairing the window, along with the outside conditions of the home.

The inside of the home, last time I was in it, was in may... prior to all of this going down between us... was a complete hoarders home. No cleaning... I mean NO Cleaning at all. Dirt, thick mud like tar stuff on the flooring. The kids walking bare foot. Dirty smelly pillows, blankets on the dirty couches where they sleep at night. A broken fan in pieces on the floor in the dining room. Two birds with poop in the dining area, flying around the room... along with two hamsters running around, leaving droppings of poop under the dining table on the floor. The bedrooms... I was in the kid's bedroom which had no sheets on the bed, a broken tv in the room, and wires which looked like something had been chewing on it, all over the floor.

The kids would come knocking on our door at around 7am every morning to ask my kids for food because their stomach hurt so much from not being fed. They would eat once a day, when the husband got home from work, which wasnt til after 6pm... and then eat around 8pm. The littlest boy they have is so thin, you can see the ribs clearly through his skin. He has been in the same size of clothing that Ive known of for the past two years now. I thought our middle son was short, this kid hasnt even grown at all! I felt so bad for them. Then the oldest son is having issues in school with his ADHD stuff. while the little one also has this, and was taken off his medication by his parents over the summer due to them not being able to afford the medication. Yet, they somehow managed to pay for the cigerettes and beer they have daily on the front porch.

Its all a sad mess. Ive had to report the physical violence Ive seen over the summer to the police. Seeing the dad take the oldest son by the arm, and yank him down, to the point where he was crying, telling his dad to stop, he was hurting him. yet, the police show up and do nothing. Last I checked in, nothing was seen to be "violent" so nothing major was done. :(

Its just all so sad.

Well where I'm from, it's against the law to make a false police report & you can be arrested for it. That police officer should have done something about it, cause it's against the law & if they were playing their music too loud and the police heard it, they should have been cited for disturbing the peace or noise ordinance. Also sounds like they are the one's neglectful of their children & a report should be made on them cause that's unsanitary and endangering the children.

Ive made reports against them as far as the conditions of the home goes. Apparently the child protective people dont consider it "bad". But for me, what I listed above, along with no food provided to the children, not giving the children their needed required medications, seeing the children go for days in the same clothing... and the stuff that we have recorded on our security camera between the parents... you can see where the kids get their attitudes and behaviors from. We were out one day doing errons, and came home to find our first security camera which aims at our drive way area, to see a fight going on between the two parents. The husband wanted to take the car and leave, and the mother went out after him, cussing her head off.. holding the door open so he couldnt leave. Anytime he tried to start the car, she wrestled him in the car to turn it off, and then cursed at him. They were outside for almost two hours during this. he finally gave in and said F You at the end and threw the keys in the front lawn to her and went inside. But to see how they act with each other, I can only imagine what was is said in the home with the kids in there.

So far they havnt been issued a ticket for disturbing the peace with the loud music. To my suprise, the officer who came to our door about the wife calling on us, also said he was one of the officers who responded to that call and heard the music from houses away. He clearly stated it was too loud. Why they dont give them a ticket, I dont know. All they are going to do is keep doing this over and over, and the police are just going to keep telling them to keep it down.

They are very neglectful in my opinion. All I can do is report anything I see that concerns me to Child protective services. But then when Ive done that, nothing was done about it. just last week three construction workers witnessed the father having a huge fight with the 12 year old son on the porch. The guys walked down from where they were working to tell the father to stop. At that point, the father had pushed the son, and hurt him, where we heard the kid yelling to stop, you're hurting me! to the father. The father saw the workers coming his way and pushed the son in the home. Then the police showed up and questioned them. I dont know what all was said from the construction workers, but they let the kids stay with the parents. I did contact Child protective services over this one. I checked in for an update and they said nothing was considered "violent" enough to do anything. They even checked in with the police dept for the report. For me, thats sad. To let those kids stay in that kind of enviorment and the Child protective system nor the police do anything good for those kids.

I did email the police dept with my concerns and questions as to what happened with the neighbor and them accussing us of something that is untrue. I dont think its right that they can report something that is untrue, but still have the cop say he has to file a report on it. Heck I welcomed that officer inside and said, Feel free to walk through the home!" We wanted to show him we have nothing to hide.

I am just sick that people these days can get away with this crap.

They are pretty backwards people. They must know the law, probably because they have dealt with the police for acting so crazy. Don't let them bully you around with false reports, if they are mess up to much. I think the State will step in if they keep lying, considering it costs the State money to investigate.

Don't let the stress you out to much, you've been seizure free and doing good!

I would call them much more than backwords people! They dont have their heads on right, is for sure! Im sure they know alot about the law since both of their kids have reports on them and have had alot of run in's with the police over the past year. Their oldest ran away from school, and the police were looking for him. The parents had no clue this took place and we had to be informed of this incase we saw the parents to tell them. And then their youngest has a report on him with assulting our son. To top it off, they have had to deal with Child protective services for years now. Last I heard from a neighbor down the street, that they were kicked out of their last residence because of how bad it was inside the home. Repairs couldnt be done it was so bad. They were kicked out and now have been infesting this rental home next to us. You would think the police would catch on with things. See the pattern of this. Hopefully I hear back from someone this coming week at the police department. I wanted to ask if anything could be done about them accusing us of false accusations? If anyone was going to accuse you of anything, you would think they would have the brains to report something did happen when you were home, and not home to see anything go on! LOL

oh that awful thing to have happened,something similar happened to me,i nearly had breakdown with it....then i was told if you put classical music on loud it shuts them up spose do something to there brainwaves make sure your music is just that little louder or same level as theres,it works,
good luck

failing that get cd of dog barking loud stick it on when your kids not there..if they call cops turn it off and say you not got dog that piss them off

Yeah those sound like good ideas. I would for sure use the dark barking loudly cd! LOL

The cops showed up at their home about their kids taking a gun with a friend and walking in the neighborhood with it. Im not familiar with guns, but all I saw was a gun being carried by the oldest boy, with two other boys with him. I thought for sure if the gun was loaded, then someone could get hurt. I couldnt let that happen. I called to see if something should be done. Next thing I know, I see a police officer pulling up in front of the parents home to question them why they allowed their kids 12 and under to walk down the street with a gun for the public to see? The mothers reply was that it was their friends gun, and told the kids to take it back to his house. The officer said when the public see's children walking with a weapon, its going to be concerning to them. The best way to handle it was to have her or her husband take the gun back to the kid's home. Instead, they just let the kids walk down the street, blocks away with the gun. The weird part is that when the officer came to my door to let me know the gun was not loaded and looked to be a b-b gun, he said that he agree'd just by looking at the kids and seeing a gun, anyone would have called them in. But then on his way out, said that no ticket for Child Neglect would be issued.

One thing that got me confused was that I never said anything about wanting to get them on Child Neglect. All I did was call to ask a question about my concerns with seeing kids carrying a gun down the street unsupervised. So it makes me wonder if the mother asked the officer if she was going to be ticketed for Child Neglect, probably becuase she thinks were trying to get her back for her calling on us.

Fits perfectly. But I dont care. I see the karma has already hit their household.

Back
Top Bottom