Colours and strobe ligts

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I have ask question before got no answer hopefully clever people explain this.

Like most on here had host of eeg over the years and when strobe go on with eyes shut you obviosly aware light is flashing.This time how ever I had intense light and not through my eyes it was literally flashed into brain.
each time it flashed it was different colour not of this spectrum.In fact I had momentary high.
Strobe usually gives me problems and I never go to places if I know strobe is on.i do not have photo sensitive e but strobes and flickering lights makes me ill worse migraines think of.
If anyone knows where I can read about phenomen or knows why could you tell me.Only thing I read is temporal lobe can make you see colours.So was I sz when l saw the lights

seagull

Its possible it could have been a seizure, but I think it is more likely a migraine, I can suffer from migraines as well and it sounds more like the migraines I get. I wind up having to get the GP to give me an injection.

I had no head aches

Not all migraines involve headache pain. This was explained to us when my youngest daughter (not the one with E) was having episodes of severe dizziness and vertigo. They were ultimately diagnosed as a form of migraine, even though she had no headache at all.

I know that there are others here who suffer from migraines who can probably explain further.

I suffer with migraine it don't effect me like that.The strobe was part of eeg and only on 3 times for no more than 30seconds.It just seem strange light by passed my eyes colour directly into brain.It was not unpleasent

Back
Top Bottom