Dilantin Dosage Question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NaderH

Pillar
Reaction score
I would like to know what happens to the level of dilantin in the blood after 6 hours past the 12 hours period after the last dosage that labs want for blood work timings if no dilantin is taken till the 16 hours mark. This is if the dilantin level is at the top of the theraputic level. My opinion is that the level would go down to the middle of the theraputic range. Am I correct about this opinion?

Stacy's blood Dilantin levels have always been checked whenever she managed to get to the clinic/hospital/office where they draw the blood. She never stopped taking doses to get a blood test. The only time they would ever be able to get a blood draw 12 hours after her last dose would be first thing in the morning when she wakes up (and that isn't gonna happen unles she wakes up in the ER).

Back
Top Bottom