Do u have more sz's at certain times

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I've noticed I have more sz's when I do certain things but I won't cut out certain things from my life. It could be the lighting or the crowd in my congregation that might bring on my seizures ; who knows with me. My seizures change so much.:twocents:

Mine are far more frequent at night, to the point that I could say I essentially only have them at night. I won't cut sleeping out of my life ;) that's for sure, but tempting sometimes!

I have triggers the lighting in supermarkets travelling on a tube it don't mean it will happen but my sz levels go up I find being in that situation is stressful and stress itself will do it..I started doing complicated zen drawings and colouring the idea it acts in postitive way Unfortunatly it brought on sz worse I have had in years so had stop doing something I was loving and I interested as to why

I usually have my tonic seizures not long before I would wake or shortly after I get up.

I had 2 grand mals after hitting my head in a car accident 15 years ago. I was then put on Dilantin and was still having petit mals until they changed me over to Pheno. That was maybe 10 years ago. I haven't had any activity since. But on the Dilantin, anxiety was my enemy. Also, lack of sleep.

I had sz yesterday I been train traveling very tired see flickering Sun reading it triggered me .still got headache

I had sz yesterday I been train traveling very tired see flickering Sun reading it triggered me .still got headache

Sorry man....that really sux! I used to get a days warning....do you get enough time of a warning? When ever I got that feeling, I'd stay home on my recliner.

Mine are far more frequent at night, to the point that I could say I essentially only have them at night. I won't cut sleeping out of my life ;) that's for sure, but tempting sometimes!
Yes this is the Catch 22 for those of us that have nocturnal seizures. It would be great to just stop sleeping but lack of sleep actually makes it more likely you will have one when you finally do sleep. Now, if they could just invent a pill that makes sleep unnecessary......
:ponder:

I can't say I have seizures at certain times of day since I have them anytime. One trigger that I have noticed though, is when other people start talking to me. I could be having a conversation, and as soon as the other person starts talking I'll have a seizure. Usually I just have simple partial seizures but the trigger is still there. I've only had 3 tonic clonic seizures that I know of so I'm unaware of what the trigger might be for those.

Sorry man....that really sux! I used to get a days warning....do you get enough time of a warning? When ever I got that feeling, I'd stay home on my recliner.

Often do get warning the usual a smell or panic I really have to try hard if that starts take clobzam quickly it might not stop that sz but helps if I going through period when sz tolerance poor.go for months nothing then wham .i had something in the night few weeks back ended up with bad burns unaware hot water bottle burst so something gone wacko this last month.i am trying wean myself off high dose of Lamotrigine I feel better for it but my e it seems dont.Cant win

Not man just old tired lady

LOL...I use the term, "Man" a lot. I guess it comes from the 1970's. Here in the USA, us older hippies use it in a sentence with a man and woman. But for some reason, I did think you were a guy. I'm sorry about that. We're still friends I hope?

Like David Bowie I sadly don't remember a lot of the late 60&70 and for the same reasons.but I think I enjoyed them as I don't remember Woodstock I must been having great time and got education aswel God knows how

Yes this is the Catch 22 for those of us that have nocturnal seizures. It would be great to just stop sleeping but lack of sleep actually makes it more likely you will have one when you finally do sleep. Now, if they could just invent a pill that makes sleep unnecessary......
:ponder:

Right?! This time last week I was sleeping off seizure one. I seemed to have had some warning this time. It's weird, I remember a little of my morning shift at work, then I remember rolling silverware before my second shift. I don't remember anything from my dinner shift other than one random moment when i was reaching for something. I don't remember how much I made, or calling my husband. He says when he got there I dropped my bag in the back seat and then sat down in the front seat, feet still on the ground, and just sat there. After a minute I was normal and we apparently had a normal ride home.

I can't tell you what we had for dinner or watched before bed. The next thing I truly remember is coming to with a post ictal headache of epic proportions and proceeding to vomit before trying to get comfortable on the bathroom floor.

I would love to be able to avoid waking up like that.

I also wish I could remember Thursday a little more clearly, maybe I could pick out the warning signs.

I spent all day thinking it was Monday.This is a worry I lost all ideas what days we in I think something wrong it been happening for about a month and that sign of demtia also ties in to dropping 100 mugs of lamotrgine don't know if connection so not going cut anymore but doc put me on pre gamblin for pain relive and I take it on and off plus acupan again on and off not sure if doc got it right with the pregabLin he said take when in pain I know I getting irritable

out of the 20 or so ive had, 12/13/14 have been between 430-6pm on mondays.

coming off the weekend and sleep....IDK, i just dont get into the next week properly.

I am an insomniac and really do not have any cause/explanation for my seizures tho........from my 7yrs ive gathered, sleep depervation is the biggest driver.

Ive been only sleeping pills since i was 17. 31 now.

But Monday, late afternoon's and sleep depervation are all i have as far as what causes and what i really need to follow/avoid.

Ill go home sick from work monday by 130/230pm if i am dead, dead tired and think im going to have a bad afternoon.

Other thing would be not eating from toppmax. I wont eat from the nightime dose, ill get up in the AM, take my meds, go to work....Drink 1/1.5 cups of coffee and than have no need to eat for a long long time again.

this has caused 1 seizure for sure. I know cuz i was in Miami.....on my bachelor party. on a little over 48hr trip, i spent over 24hrs in the ICU in FT. Lauderdale memorial hosiptal.

Hi Belinda,
My Dr. saw a pattern with my sz. and I always have them early in the morning or later in the afternoon on certain days of each month. I also have a lot more sz. in the fall and winter compared to the spring and summer which my Dr. calls "seasonal sz." He told me this happens because in the fall and winter there's less serotonin compared to the spring and summer and that can cause sz. for some people.
If you haven't done it yet get a calendar and start keeping track of your sz. write down what time the sz. happened and the type of sz. I was told to do this and my Dr. saw a pattern in the time of day and months I had any sz.
In regard to the light you may be photosensitive like I am which means certain color lights or flashing lights can trigger sz. My Dr. did a special e.e.g. on me where they flashed different color strobe lights one at a time and they found that bright white like when the sun shines on the snow, and florescent green were the 2 colors that triggered sz. for me. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Stress and lack of sleep are when I usually have most of my seizures. There are still those that come out of nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom