Does your pet talk to you?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty funny because I can carry on a conversation with one of my cats. I talk to her and she just meows right back. I don't think either one of us knows what the other is saying but it's pretty funny.

My other cat always tells me when it's time to eat. I feed them in the morning when I take my meds. I always say if the alarm doesn't go off I don't need to worry about it because the cat will wake me up to let me know. The other cat is starting to do this now too.

They get lunch meat in the evening, which is a treat, and I'm always told when it's time for that!

Day light savings always messes them up thought :roflmao:

I had a bengal mix cat at one point. She would always wake me up at the same time every morning. In my face purring, after I was fully awake it was always amusing. It is funny when you talk at a cat and they just meow back, Siamese have always been vocal like that. Never ceases to make me laugh.

My parents oldest dog Lilly is pretty smart. If she wants to go outside she will shake her head to make her collar rattle.
She usually knows when it's time to feed the other animals so will come into where ever me or my Dad are & either just sit there or sook. If you say to her 'Is it time to feed the animals Lil?" She will run around in circles all excited lol.
When my Mum is cooking a meal Lilly will sit nearby & watch then when Mums dishing up the meal Mum just has to say to Lilly to go get Dad. Lilly will go to my Dad & sook at him to come & get his meal. She will stay with my Dad until he goes to the dining room to eat his meal.

No, but my neighbors dog does he says to kill KILL KIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

haha, just kidding ;)

Animals are the best! My cat always knew when it was time for me to be home from work and met me at the door every day. I miss her so much. Our dog has a set pattern as well, plus she knows when I have had a seizure. She will not leave my side the entire day.

Absolutely. My current cat is the most vocal I've ever known. We got him from a rescue charity when he was five and he has quite a lot of issues, he's very jumpy and hates cuddles, but just loves to chat.

I always talked to my dog but for some reason I don't think she was ever listening to me. Kinda like my kids!

i always talk to my dog and she tilts her head to one side if she likes the sound of something, otherwise she will just sit and listen

I talk to my dog as well and if I did not know better I would say he was possessed. Then a month ago I had a seizure, my wife was working so I was alone, when I started to come around and open my eyes he was sitting on the bed beside me with his nose to my forward, I nearly had a heart attack, I can deal with a seizure but heart attack and I still have no idea how he got up to the bedroom.

Our dog has a set pattern as well, plus she knows when I have had a seizure. She will not leave my side the entire day.
Lilly is the same, she is more my Dads dog but when I have had seizures at my parents place Lilly will just stay with me & follow me around.
When I have a bath at my parents place Lilly will come in the bathroom with me & sit by the bath until I'm finished. Lilly knows how to open the bathroom/toilet door but still stays with me unless something is wrong.

I have woken up on my bed more then once with my half German Shepeard mix laying on me. She just lays over my chest and doesn't let anyone get to close. She is a great dog for sure.

One of my cats usually knows that I've had a seizure. He'll sit on me and won't get off until he thinks I'm ok. He's a pretty big boy too, so he's not that easy to shove off.

all dogs in my area say lets do a dump outside caz house cat no better dumps out back

Yes, my cockatiel says "Bugger" "whatchadoing" "pretty bird" and "mokey"

lol :p

When he's in a chatty mood conversation generally goes like this.

Me - Hello Smokey
Smokey - Prettybirdbuggerwhatchadoing?
Me - I'm talking to you!
Smokey - mokeybugger
Me - Yes, you're a bugger
Smokey - Whatchadoing?
Me - Still talking to you? What YOU doing?
Smokey - WHATCHADOING?!?!?!?!
Me - i'm not talking to you anymore. You make no sense.
Smokey - Buggerbuggerbuuger 'mokeyprettybird *wolfwhistle* whatchadoing?

I'm easily amused but then so is the bird haha.

Last edited:
Yes, my pets talk to me. They say:
"Im hungry get your lazy butt up"
"I gotta potty, will you please open the door or Im going to use the floor"
"Please tell her to stop touching me"
"I saw it first, it's mine"
"How long are you going to be gone?"
"I feel fine, I dont need to see the man in the white lab coat"
"Someone is shoving paper through the whole in the wall, I'll get em"
"You look like you need a lick"
"Yea, that's the spot, don't stop scratching now!"
"I missed you"
"Will you walk me please"
"I love you"

everytime I enter the room or walk through the door. They act like they havent seen me in a long time. I love em, for their unconditional love!

my cat hates women for some reason me more than most...i saved little sods life he had life of rielly best vets care sleeps on his own bed he even had lobster for tea,not intentional he pinch mine cos he hates me...i wonder if he picks up on my ep

One of my friends had a cockatiel and he learned how to swear. You'd be having a nice little conversation with him then all of a sudden he'd start swearing up a storm! I think he knew every word out there too.

everytime I enter the room or walk through the door. They act like they havent seen me in a long time. I love em, for their unconditional love!
My parents usually take their 3 dogs everywhere with them but sometimes they leave the dogs at home. On the rare occasion when the dogs are left at home they will start sooking when they see the car pull into the driveway then get all excited when they see my parents.

The dogs are funny when my parents come to visit me or collect me to go somewhere. When my parents do come take me somewhere my Dad will usually come get me while my Mum stays in the car with the 3 dogs.
Once I get into the car I have all 3 dogs jumping all over me wanted pats & attention lol. Sometimes my Dad will let the dogs out when they get to my place & the dogs will run straight up to my back door & Lilly will 'tap' on it to let me know she's there lmao.

One of my friends had a cockatiel and he learned how to swear. You'd be having a nice little conversation with him then all of a sudden he'd start swearing up a storm! I think he knew every word out there too.
That would brighten up the conversation :roflmao:.

Back
Top Bottom