favorite movie

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

homemom360

Stalwart
Reaction score
i looked around and did a search on it and did not find this thread yet so i thought i would start one. if it already somewhere, sorry.

what is your favorite movie of all time, and why. it can be from this year or from childhood.

my favorite movie is john wayne's "the quiet man" he's the only actor i have seen all the movies from, and i have loved this film since i first saw it as a child. it has everything you can ask for, love, hate, competition, anger, lover, humor, and in the end everyone is happy...

i can't wait to see other people's answers...:hello::hello:

Wow I have so many movies that I watch to death.

This is cheating I know, but I have got to pick 2, one from my little childhood and one from my big childhood.

little childhood - ET
big childhood - Twister (natural choice for me, due to my love for mother nature and Bill Paxton)

Not sure why .. but The Fisher King starring Robin Williams always comes to mind.

Rebecca and I just saw Get Smart... fun summer movie.

"You've got to know these things when you are King, you know."

Wow, there are so many. It's hard to come up with just one. An oldie but goodie comes to mind: Cool Hand Luke. It was old when I was a kid, but my dad rented it and made my sister and me watch it. :)

I like Ferris Bueller's Day Off...Such a simple movie..but I absoluetly love it.:rock:

I also like a made for TV movie that is based on a novel by Dean Koontz called Intensity. It's never on TV anymore but I saw it online...It has my favorite actor in it. So I have to love it.

Oh yeah and I forgot The Wizard of Oz!!:banana:

Last edited:
You asketh and you getteth!

OH gee whiz! You had to bring that up?
No particular order:

ALL of the Lovable Herbie Movies!
(Who can't resist the Love Bug?)

Absent-Minded Professor
(YES - I DO want to own a piece of
Flubber ... lol!)

Sho-Gun

All of Terminator Movies

All of Jackie Chan Movies
(hahahahaha!)

Peter Pan
(I sing along to that one too)

Lady & The Tramp

Mary Poppins

Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Sound of Music

Jungle Book

ALL of Star Wars Movies

King and I

All of GHOSTBUSTERS Movies

ET

Close Encounters (The ORIGINAL Movie)

ALL of Star Trek Movies

ALL of ROCKY Movies

Brian's Song
(Does anyone remember this one?)

Officer & A Gentleman

ORIGINAL Wizard of Oz

Lion King

Great Waldo Pepper
(Still looking for the VHS, CD, or DVD,
stars - Robert Redford)

And I could go on and on and on ... but I'll
stop now before I consume the board and
everyone would be messing up their keyboards
while reading my list all because they're munching
on :pop: and trying to decide what to watch or
order up!

:roflmao:

Last edited:
...Brian's Song
(Does anyone remember this one?)...

What, no other tear jerkers like Old Yeller or Where the Red Fern Grows? Great movies to tear a kid's soul in half... :paperbag:

Yes, I remember Brian's Song. It's a powerful movie.

Is that the football one? Or am really really dumb?

Last edited:
Rocky - very motivational, inspirational, and tells me to 'stop cowering away in the corner, get up and punch your problems right in the ugly face' :rock:

'First do no Harm', Charlie Abrahams story, starring Meryl Streep.
The publicity around this movie in the '80's has put the 'forgotten' ketogenic diet back on the agenda's of neurologists and has cleared a path to seizure freedom or significant seizure reduction for many children all over the world. Kids like my son with Lennox Gastaut syndrome or other med resistant disasterous types of epilepsy syndroms.

Labyrinth , The Lost boys and The Dark Crystal. for recent films, i quite liked Arthur and the Invisibles...

Last edited:
Is that the football one? Or am really really dumb?

It's the football one - a biography of Brian Piccolo's fight with cancer and his friendship with Gayle Sayers.

It's the football one - a biography of Brian Piccolo's fight with cancer and his friendship with Gayle Sayers.

As with a lot of movies, this story has a great book as well called I Am Third. Based on Brian Piccolo's story, the premise of the book is something to live by and speaks of devotion:

God is First,
Others are Second,
And I am Third

To Kill a Mockingbird
Christmas Story
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

Birdbomb,
You even SAW "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and list it as one of your favorites?!?!?!?! Yes, I would have to agree as well as Transamerica, Chocolate, Better than Chocolate, Breaking Away, and a film I saw in the mid-1970's whose title I have maddeningly forgotten. It could have been King of Hearts or something like that. It was about a town in France during WWI where everyone left because the Germans were nearby, but they forgot about the asylum. And all the so-called crazy people came out to greet the Germans. It was truly a wonderful film that mocked war.
R97

SAW it Hell, I OWN a copy! I happen to LOVE Drag Queens!

Divine was one of my favorites until his death. Then we moved to Vegas and one night went to see Boylesque at the Silver Slipper. OMG! I was just blown away. Saw the show several times a year and dragged every relative to see it too until the Slipper was torn down. Then several other drag shows started up but I was a faithful fan of Kenny Kerr.

Drag Queens have the BEST sense of humor. Just look at the outragousness! My granddaughter was named after Priscilla. That flip-flop dress was a scream!

It's a funny movie but if someone is homophobic, they'll hate it.

Ping-pong?

Last edited:
OneThing to watchout for while watching a action movie

IF THERE'S ANY STROBINGLIGHTS GOING & OR EMERGENCY VIECLES WITH SIRENS GOING LOOK THE OTHER DIRECTION FOR THE STROBELITE WILL PUT YOU IN A SIEZURE & IT MAYBE SMALL OR BIG . IT ALL DEPENDS ON IF YOU WATCH A MOVIE WITH THAT MUCH ACTION WITH LIGHTS LIKE STROBELITES.

ALSO WATCHOUT FOR MOVIES THAT USE LIGHTENING IN BACKGROUNDS FOR THAT EFFECTS THE SIEZURES AS WELL.

Please Monitor The Movies Before Letting Your Kids Watch Them So You Can Sepperate The Good Movies (non siezure activity) From The Bad Movies (siezure active) DAVE

Back
Top Bottom