Favorite Pets.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hawke86

New
Reaction score
What is your favorite kind of pet? My favorite kind of pet is a dog. My dog is spoiled. She is treated like of the family. :woot::rock:

I have to say Hawke... (even though you have said you don't like them), my favorite pet, my whole life has been cats. We had a dog when I was growing up, and as much as I liked him, I just do not like any type of barking. Now purring... that I like.

Hawke,

I am afraid I agree with Robin. We had dogs and cats over the yrs. growing up. And I loved them both.We have cats now and I love them so much. Kittens are such fun! So sweet and gentle. They are spoiled rotten and each have their own personality. Our youngest is hysterical..she is a total Brat! Always in trouble..but funny. Some are sweet and loveable constantly and great companions. I love all animals really, but cats are my favorite!

Michelle

I've had them all - exotic and domestic; but
above them all I love cats!

=(^..^)=

I OWN 2!

Sure Hawke..if you like it..then it would be your pet. I thinks snake are interesting..but I don't think I could have one as a pet. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Some people love big dogs..others little lap dogs. I love your regular old domestic house cats. We also have a fish and now I have some stray outdoor wild kitties coming that I feed also. I have cat lover written all over me! They know where to come for food I guess. Actaully stray dogs always seem to find me too. I am forever finding strays and rescuing them. We had a hamster a few yrs. ago..it was my daughter's as well as the fish..and they eventually became my pets. I named the fish..Mr. Fish!

Michelle

Do snakes count as pets?

Sure they do, so would skunks, ferrets, iguanas,
goshawks, et cetera - in the EXOTIC PET CATEGORY.
(Note: Some exotic pets requires you to have permit,
license, etc - per in accordance to your city, county,
state, providence, et cetera - laws if legal to own one;
some places - such are illegal to own or possess.)

DOMESTIC ANIMALS: would be such as rabbits, goats,
horses, cats (non-exotic), dogs (non-exotic - sorry
folks - Timberwolf falls into the exotic family), specific
species of fishes (salt & fresh). Check your County &
City Ordinances of what is considered "Domestic" in
your area.

This does not account for Livestock - which once again
"horses" falls into this category too (so follow your codes);
cattle, goats, rabbits & chickens of specific breeds - as
some falls into 'exotic range', etc.

Other Livestock which are deemed as "Exotic" but depending
on your Department of Agriculture Laws in your State which
may or may not be acceptable: Ostrich, Llamas, Zebras,
Mules, Mustangs, Tigers & Ocelots (or other Wildcats),
and thereon. These laws are very rigid; and they do often
and frequently require permits, licenses, et cetera.

Florida allows a lot of animals and livestock here but
are very rigid about it - and they really do follow up
every nook and cranny on this! Some require licenses
and permits and other regulations; some do not.

I think there is a plus side to having both a cat or a dog, cats are handy for catching unwanted mice & dogs make good guard dogs.

When I was growing up we always had cats or dogs & I loved all our animals. At the moment my parents have a chocolate labrador/kelpie dog who is very much part of the family & thinks she is human at times lol. They also have bunnies. My parents dog lets us know when to feed the bunnies & when we're outside the dog will go & keep an eye on the bunnies. She has never hurt any of the bunnies because she knows she's not aloud to lol.

At the moment I don't have any pets of my own because of where I live but if I ever owned my own house I would love to get my own dog.

Last edited:
I like both dogs and cats. But of the two, I prefer cats. To me, they are more independent. They choose their owners. They choose to be affectionate. Dogs on the other hand....well, in the novel Farnham's Freehold, the lead character makes the argument that cats are free while dogs are slaves. And in some ways, I think that's true for many dogs. You can hit a dog and when you come home, he'll be wagging his tail happy to see you. You hit a cat, and they'll find something of yours to pee on or shred. (Note: I am in no way, shape , or form advocating that anyone hit an animal. This is strictly an example. )

I have a dog and a cat. But I lived most of my life with a dog. We just got the cat. I choose a DOG!

I grew up with cats. In my twenties, I had a houseful mix of cats and dogs. I actually had a cat that you could "paddle" when he did something unacceptable, and 5 minutes later he would be back purring in your lap.
For the last 25 years, we have had the privilege of living with 2 terriers. They were both about 20 lbs. The first was a wire haired fox terrier that my husband rescued when he was working at the airport. She passed when she was 15 years old. The second, that we got 8 months later, was a miniature schnauzer. She passed last October at the age of 10 from cancer. We have no animals right now.
For my money, give me a terrier any day. Just independent enough to give you a run for your money, and companionable enough too.

As a teenager i had a poodle.
Now we have cats my 15 year old daughter loves cats and Jacinta loves dogs.
So we have a ginger moggie and a tabby.. tabby only comes home for dinner.
We had a pomeranian that died suddenly a few years ago,he was beautiful and we were devastated.
Jacinta would love another dog. I have been thinking recently about getting another dog. :ponder:

We have an old orange tabby named 'Huey'.........

....I think he's really 'Morris' but is in the witness protection program.:ponder:

He's the most laid-back, spoiled-rotten, mouse-friendly, doorstop-looking, lump of a cool cat I've ever had the pleasure to have saved from the animal shelter!
:rock:

I never used to care much for cats until I inherited this big grey and white one that was marked like a cow. He always knew when I had a sz & would come lie down with me afterwards. I was amazed at how much he could comfort me that like that.

Has anyone had any experience with the attendant dogs trained to helps us when we have a seizure?

There's only one Benji....

DSC01433.jpg

benji3.jpg

Top Dog :rock:

Or, off course there is time for a cutey pic off a baby bulldog...

British Pride at it's best. This is a baby Bulldog that the girl I sits next to in work has just bought :

Image019.jpg

One, Two, Three....awwwww

Hey Tees - like the pics.

The bulldog needs a cigar and should be named Churchill.

Sorry all you cat lovers, my vote goes to the dogs.

Back
Top Bottom