feeling low!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
hi to all,
im feeling very low due to the epilepsy, even though i have had it since december last year, it still comes acroos as a shock!! and cant understand why? as im only 25, although my sister who i dnt speak to, said that she had epilepsy when she was younger, and dnt tell me until recentley :twisted: !! weather or not it is true im not sure?
so im not sure if it is in the family genes etc!! but the medication they first gave me did not work which was epillim, and lost my hair and got major side effects from it, now im on tegretrol retard 800mg!! which ive been on now for a while, but stll my seizures are not fully controlled, the neuro is now considering lamotrigine? if any one who is on this or could give me some info, it would be good!! and allso i have photosensitivity aswell, which i hate, i feel my life has changed so much from being diagnosed, and im restricted on where i can go, and what i can watch etc!! i hate it, im sorry if im talking to much, but im on a real low, i keep asking myself why? and trying to work it out, but just dont seem to get anywhere!! maybe it could be because i have othor medical problems and that they are all linked? who knows, but allso i hate the fact that they have to keep changing my meds as my body for somewhat known reason do not agree with me!! and i just want to be on the right medication and start to try and get my life back to normall, as my seizures and that are still not controlled!! and have them frequent!! i really hate taking my acds and having to rely on them, anyway must go now, thankyou for taking time in reading this, and hope to hear from you all soon from kitty x

Hi ya Kitty

I'm sorry your feeling so low at the moment. I have periods where we feel down and wonder what to do.

I'm sure there are many on here that have similar problems and will give you some ideas and support. :D

Hi rachel, yep its good to know that im not the only one and to know that the support here will be excellent!!
and we can support each othor
speak soon love from kitty x

Hi KK, I think we have all been in that place before.

[Nerd]It's like that cave that Yoda sends Luke into in The Empire Strikes Back.[/Nerd]

Keep searching for a solution and I believe that you will eventually get your seizures under control. :)

hi cool1984, the reason why my seizures are not under control yet is because my body doesnt allways take meds very well, all through my life ive been on so many diffrent meds, some people are fine on meds and othore like my self, and my body just doesnt want to except i guess!!
so ive just got to wait until they put me on a diffrent type of drug for my seizures!!
and see what happens??
anyway take care for now from kitty

oh yeah i now i been on some tablets what i am on now i there not working for me 2.
croline see you later

Back
Top Bottom