Football World Cup 2010

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

SteveUK

New
Reaction score
Will people still like me when England eventually move ahead of the USA in the Football World Cup 2010?
:pfft:

there is a slight undertone that I may have shot myself in the foot here....:pop:

Check back in a few hours. We'll see who's moving on then... :)

No matter what, the U.S. can console itself with the knowledge that it was robbed of a crucial goal by poor officiating.

I have to

agree with Nakamova. However, we'll see what happens. I do happen to know a few of the other, um, UK citizens that are, shall we say........very amenable to what you're saying right now.

C'mon England !!!!!!!
I am currently in front of 20' screen in UK Pub, downing the guinness and ready to cheer like mad :)

WAHOOOOOO England winning at half time and leading the group

Sorry USA - but some things just have to be mentioned

Half time:

England have finally woken up! I feel another coming along in second half!

USA playing well too! They deserve a goal. Questionable offside goal not given!
I have a feeling that USA will score second half! Good luck USA!!! :banana:

:pop:

Steveo

Last edited:
Yes, the

replay SHOWED it was NOT an offsides........so the US was ONCE AGAIN robbed of a goal. Oh well. That's the way it goes. :) They'll make up for it, I'm sure. :):pop:

USA! USA! Finally, after a yet another controversial disallowed goal. We are moving into the next group!

Well, best things come to those who wait. ...

USA and England through to last 16:clap:

Wooooohooooo

We're up against Ghana on Saturday.......

Y'all are up against Germany.

Good luck! :) :bigsmile:

Congratulations to the USA soccer team, no one here in Holland thought they would make it through the first round but they did, amazing, even while two goals were (imo wrongly) rejected... What a surprises this world championship brings (just ask the French...)

Congrats to Brittain too, you'd better beat those Germans in round 2!!!

We might meet along this tournament, who knows, Holland-Great Brittain, Holland-USA?

We play for the honour against Cameroon tomorrow, will the Dutch be group winner or second in the first round? Allthough we didn't perform very well in the first two games against Danmark and Japan, we did beat them both. Tomorrow we'll know who we meet in round 2 next monday: Italy, Paraguay, New Sealand or Slowakia.

The WC Soccer really lives here in Holland, soccer is the most beloved sport here, many streets, houses are orange and people all wear orange clothes with funny gadgets and hats. We're a small country with great international soccer players and 16 miljon very enthousiastic supporters.

Last edited:
I'll second that - there are plenty of orange shades over here too! Wishing you all the best today!!

Steve

Yes good luck to Holland today! What a great team you have.

As for this weekend.. too bad the US will be going out against Ghana. :p Seriously though you've played some great football so far and deserve to be in the last 16. Dempesy and Donovan have been excellent.

And England will defeat Germany! I'll be watching at the pub with my jersey and flag. (I'm second generation English)

Wish I could be home watching the games, but I'm stuck at work.. at least I have the live text commentary from BBC. For anyone at work this is great:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/default.stm

I am happy to face Ghana over Germany but both the US and England have the same issue. What team will show up and when will they show in the match?

My sister-in-law is from Argentina so if the US goes down I have a good back up team to root for.

My team to root against is Brazil.

My team to root against is Brazil.

In the absence of an Irish team in the world cup - thanks, Henry - i am rooting for either Brazil (their flag is very similar too the Northern Ireland Football Association flag) or the cote d'ivorie (A backwards green white and gold lol)

Did it!

Holland-Cameroon 2-1 :woot:

Makes 9 points out of three matches and brings us as group winner against Slowakia next monday (at 4 pm here, when I'm working... might get a peep on my pc there ;))

They did so well today, sending world champion Italy home
(Bye bye France, bye bye Italy :clap: ) so we may not underestimate Slowakia!

Last edited:
I'm liking how this Cup is shaping up. Lots of small countries and underdogs.

Back
Top Bottom