****FREE**** prescription antibiotics !!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Source

Publix to offer 7 popular prescription antibiotics for free

CAPE CORAL - Publix supermarket chain said today it will make seven common prescription antibiotics available for free, joining other major retailers in trying to lure customers to their stores with cheap medications.

The oral antibiotics, representing the most commonly filled at the chain's pharmacies, will be available at no cost to anyone with a prescription as often as they need them, Publix CEO Charlie Jenkins Jr. said. Fourteen-day supplies of the seven drugs will be available at all 684 of the chain's pharmacies in five Southern states.

The prescription antibiotics available under the program are amoxicillin, cephalexin, penicillin VK, erythromycin, ampicillin, sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim, and ciprofoxacin.

Gov. Charlie Crist went to a suburban Fort Myers store to help the company make the announcement and to praise the Lakeland-based employee-owned company, one of the dominant retailers in the region.

"It can't be any more affordable than free," Crist said......

Just a minute Birdy! I wanted to post that!

:lol: That's on my headlines
and in myflorida.com newsletter in my
emailbox too!

A POX ON YOU!

:pfft:

Last edited:
The early bird gets the post. :star:

Is it legal to give away prescription medications? Publix is going to lose a ton of money on this promotion I would think.

whistle1.gif
[early birdy looking all innocent and naive]

A price war for prescription meds is just what we need! Most medications are WAY overpriced to begin with. Don't know about the legalities of free prescription drugs, but if samples can be given freely why not a 2 week supply? Most antibiotiocs are given as a 2 week regieme so it can concievably fall under the heading of a sample. It's not like insilin, or high blood pressure medications which are taken forever.

The early bird gets the post. :star:

Is it legal to give away prescription medications? Publix is going to lose a ton of money on this promotion I would think.

Naw - Actually Publix was founded and homebased
down here ::: hrmphfffff ::: but it sure is going to
get a lot of attention!

Picture this:

"ATTENTION SHOPPERS: PHARMACY IS...."

On the intercom :lol:

Publix had, has, done, dooed outrageous things
before and it's legal - but READ THE FINE PRINT
DUMMY - as Fred Sanford would say.

It's required that you have your prescriptions
transferred in order to obtain them!

Wait a minute - the fine print isn't there...
Hmmmmm - but it's on my newspaper - LOL!

Ok the requirements are: You need to have
your prescriptions transferred to Publix in order
to obtain such freebies. But even if it is just
1 freaking prescription. HECK - snatch it!

Shoot! I get my scripts at Walgreen, Nellis AFB Pharmacy CVC and Wal-Mart (in that order of preference)

We don't have Publix here on the west coast. But I do like shopping there when I'm in Florida. Such nice bagboys!

Back
Top Bottom