Fycompa increased 6 MG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I saw my neuro today and agreed to increase the Fycompa, only if the ataxia doesn't get worse and the fatigue if it does I go back to 4 MG.

I don't care to be tired all the time because of this drug.:twocents:

I hope the increase goes well for you, Belinda. For me it took about 6 weeks to get through the fatigue issues at 6 mg. The ataxia/uncoordinated walking has never gone away entirely. I found for about a month I had to be sure to take the medication right when I was going to bed or I'd be likely to fall, due to the sudden and strong hit of the medication 20 min or so after taking it. I'm now on 8 mg and this is likely where I'll stay.

My neuro increased it because of the increase in seizures, and if my seizures don't improve, I definitely won't see a reason to take the increase.I will see him again in 3 months, and I will call him and let him know sine he returns my calls,

Good luck with it, keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom