'Great Grandpa' passed away

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Real life has pre-empted on-line activity for us lately. Stacy's grandfather passed away this weekend after a very rapid deterioration of condition due to cancer. We are still in the process of making arrangements and contacting family and friends.

It's been a long 72 hours for us, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope to have more time soon to follow up on my FDA/neurofeedback research and post more random thoughts as well.

I'm so sorry about Stacy's grandfather. It's been 24 years since the last of my grandparents died and it is such an awful thing to go through. Hope that the loss isn't causing her seizure trouble.

My condolensence to your family. I know how trying this is. I just lost my dad on good friday and we buried him on April 1. Make sure Stacy gets plenty of rest and eats good.

If I can be of assistance, you can e-mail me.

Donna

Thanks Lindy & Donna.

Stacy is having some jerks (~1 a day) which I think are related to elevated stress, but so far the Dilatin seems to be holding the TC/grand mal seizures in check.

Stacy's eating and sleeping schedule have not been optimal lately, but I'm trying my best to keep her to her prescribed routine.

The funeral is tomorrow. The family has already started fighting over pieces of the estate. Stacy is way stressed out about it (she will be the executor of the will once it is probated).

Bernard - I am very sorry for your loss. I do hope Stacy is feeling better today.

Thanks ellgee and welcome to our forums.

The funeral was last night and many people came to pay their respects. Stacy broke down in :cry: after everyone left, but only for a few moments. She's better now. She should be active on the forum again soon (right Stacy???)

Sorry for your loss Bernard. I hope Stacy is doing ok. It is such a stressful time. God Bless you both.

Bernard, you guys are so special to me. And when I have been going through tough times you always have something positive to say. I know you. Even though its just through the internet, I will lift you and your family up in my meditations and prayers every day. I know you and your family will soon be looking ahead. But for now need to grieve. God is with you, I'll send an angel your way. Love Teresa

Bernard

I am so sorry for you Bernard and Stacy at this time, my prayers are with you both at this time.

Just so folks know -- this is an old thread from 2005. I'm sure Bernard appreciates your comments though.

To Bernard and everyone who has replied or thought of replying to this thread recently, I apologise for reopening the thread yesterday. It was near the top of my page and I did not think to check the date on it. I hope it has not caused anyone any grief and I will have to remember to be more observant in the future. My intentions were pure but my thinking was foggy.

No worries Sandie.

Hard to believe it's been 8 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom