The Great Tomato Stand Off

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

morgan381

New
Reaction score
Just thought this was kinda funny...

Last night, when I was cooking dinner, I discovered that one of my husband's tomatos had been brutally stabbed with a toothpick. The assailant then proceeded to push a toothpick into the tomato, out the other side, and then left the toothpick hidden inside the tomato. We don't know when exactly this happened, but it must have been a day or so before I discovered it because the tomato was pretty nasty looking...

Hubby asked our older two boys (ages 12 and 7) who had done this. They both denied it. He asked again and they both denied it again. At this point, it became more about someone telling a lie than the tomato (we've had a couple incidences of lying and are trying to put an end to it). He set a deadline of 6:30pm for the guilty party to confess and said if they did not, they would lose their fishing trip with their grandfather this weekend.

Well, 6:30 rolled around and they were both still denying it. Finally, after being told he had lost his fishing trip, the 7 year old confessed. He cried and begged to get to go, because he had confessed. Hubby explained to him that he been told the consequences of not confessing before the deadline and if we let him go anyway, hubby would have been lying about the punishment. More crying and pleading...So, finally hubby told kiddo to go sit outside by the fountain and if he could come up with a way to go fishing that would not cause hubby to be a liar, he could go.

After a few minutes, kiddo came in, with big sad puppy-eyes and quivering lip and said he had an answer. Kiddo told hubby that if he got to go fishing, he would pray that God would forgive hubby for lying.:roflmao: We laughed so hard and couldn't come up with a comeback, that hubby agreed to let kiddo go fishing.:noevil:

LOL....I can appreciate that....right now, I'm trying to deal with girls who think they can make plans with their friends, and then tell me as an afterthought. *sigh* teenagers......

Back
Top Bottom