Gunman shot many people in the Netherlands yesterday

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dutch mom

Ketogenic Smile
Reaction score
We've made the world news with a shocking shooting incident.
http://rtl.nl.msn.com/msn/?playvide...c7d78-22927879.BloedbadAlphenwereldnieuws.xml
Yesterday around noon a young man with a machine gun opened fire in a shopping mall.
Five people died instantly from the bullets a 6th victim died last night in the hospital.
Eleven people were wounded from whom several are still in life threatning state in ICU's.
Among the vicims are children, one of the injured is a one week old baby.
The Dutch are in shock. We've seen these kinds of incidents on the worls news, never thought this would happen in our small country.
The guy seemed to be a normal 23-year old young man, he had a job, still lived with his parents.
Hhe had a licence for 5 guns and was a member of a shooting club.
He shot himself in the mall with an automatic gun which makes a total of seven dead people now.
We fear for the injured victims.

Last edited:
How sad.

My condolences to the families. I don't like guns...... :S

I saw that on yesterdays news.

I do feel for the families of the deceased..... it must be so painful for them to have to deal with such a situation.

I was so sorry to read about this. Every time I see one of these stories (and there seem to be way to many of them), my heart goes out to the folks involved. I'm with Meetz -- I just don't like guns.

The young man was suicidal and had a psyciatric history, so was told on the Dutch news today. He left a goodbye letter but it doesn't tell his motive to take so many others with him. They found 3 different guns in the mall.
The lethal victimes were three women age 91, 68 and 45, one was driving a scoot mobile, and three men age 80, 49 and 42. Another 42-year old men died in the hospital last night. Seventeen people were wounded, 6 women, two young girls age 6 and 10 and nine men. Seven of them are badly wounded and still in ICU. Twelve people still are admitted in hospitals.

What's the

outlook for those that are in the hospital, DM? Are they going to make it, or are they all critical?

Nine people went home sunday and saturday, one of them a 10-year old girl who was shot in her... behind (could have been worse...) Eight people are still admitted in hospitals, one of them is critical.
One of the killed women was a real hero, she directed 10 people in her shop to be safe, stood in the door to keep the shooter from getting in, there he shot her and went into other shops to shoot people. He shot over a 100 bullets. Crazy guy.
There's a discussion going on here about how it could happen that someone with psyciatric problems, he was suicidal before, could get a licence to have 5 guns. And about changing the law to keep members of gun clubs from taking weapons home.

Back
Top Bottom