Halloween movies!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Well that time of the year is coming up. When all you will find on TV is scary movies! I was curious, what are your favorite movies for this time of year? Anything particular?

I have a tradition of watching John Carpenters, The Thing. Freaks me out every year!

Yes that is good Muay,i like John Carpanters,The Fog as well..............and off course the classic "Halloween",the music in that film sets the film off,pure class.I also like Flatliners but im not sure does that count? Still an exellent film though,good thread mate!

The Fog is awesome! I love horror movies so I totally agree with Halloween, that music is perfect. I just watched the trailer for Flatliners, looks great. Plus they have the entire movie on youtube. I know what im watching tomorrow!

I like a little bit of humor tossed into my scary movies. Zombie land is a good one. Has anyone seen Tucker & Dale vs Evil? Greatness! I was laughing so hard and grossed out at the same time. It was on Netflix.

I've tried to watch some movies that are all about slashing and mutilation. I can't watch those kind, they are quite disturbing.

But I love ones like amityville horror.

They have the whole off Flatliners on youtube,i might watch that myself too then.I think John Carpanter does great horror.That scene in "Halloween" when they are going to the phycriatic hospital in the pouring rain and all the patients are wandering around in the grounds is well freaky,just after the doc is telling the driver about how evil Michael Myers is fantastic

Yes Zombie Land is a great film too,ive watched that more than once-"Wheres my twinkie? All i want is a dam Twinkie bar!!!"

Last edited:
I like a little bit of humor tossed into my scary movies. Zombie land is a good one. Has anyone seen Tucker & Dale vs Evil? Greatness! I was laughing so hard and grossed out at the same time. It was on Netflix.

I've tried to watch some movies that are all about slashing and mutilation. I can't watch those kind, they are quite disturbing.

But I love ones like amityville horror.

I can't get my family to watch horror movies, but when they saw tucker and dale vs evil the entire house was laughing non stop.

I love the Halloween movies too.

I've always enjoyed when teens go to some remote cabin in the woods...

Or when a family moves into old beautiful homes that are haunted...

I tried to watch one where 3 misfits with deformed faces break out of their prison cells and torture and kill a guard by ripping his eyeball out... I turned it off right away. Can't remember the name of it.

I like diologue and somewhat of a plot in my horror movies.

I like zombie films,George Romero ones especially,Dawn off the Dead is pretty hard to beat.Im also watching the series The Walking Dead,thats pretty good too.

MuayThaiFighter

Sorry to disappoint but scary movies and me do not agree. Just cannot watch them.

I can't do scary movies...I get the heebie jeebies and I can't look in the mirror at night.
My version of a Halloween movie is the chick flick Practical Magic. They are witches and there is a halloween scene at the end. Does that count? I am such a girl. Although I don't scream like a girl. It's pretty throaty. Like Barbie with a smokers cough.
I did see bits of the movie "The Mirror" with Keifer Sutherland and that was pretty creepy. It took me a year to get over that.

We were just watching the halloween movies the other night with the kids! They wanted to watch Hocus Pocus! LOL I always thought that was a cute kid friendly movie for halloween! :) But as for what I like, I just the type of movies that leave you glued to the tv, waiting to see what happens next! I havnt watched any good scary movies this month yet. Only reason is because I dont want to scare the kids! But I love watching the halloween movies this time of year! :)

Keifer Sutherland,how could i forget another one of my favs The Lost Boys,truly exellent and ageless film.

Hey,Muay,
Did you manage to watch Flatliners over the weekend?

I had watched some of it on youtube when you posted it. So far its awesome and I was so surprised with the cast of good actors. I am going to finish it tonight or tomorrow. And yeah I totally forgot the Lost Boys!

Had to confess to watching a fair chunk off it myself after you told me it was on youtube,cheers for that!

I like the older ones, the movies that seemed so scary as a kid now make me bust out laughing. Poltergeist is one of those. Also love the campy ones like Abbot and Costello taking on the Mummy! Another fun one is the hounds of baskerville. Not funny per say, but a real golden oldie.

In my teens I saw Poltergeist, The Exorcist, Friday the 13th and Evil Death in the cinema.

I'm a bit late on this thread but , I love the old 80's flicks. Brainstorm (hehehe), "the dead zone", "Lord of Illusion", "the Brood", "From beyond" etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom