Hockey!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm from MONTREAL and my Habs just completed one of the most insane comebacks ever in the history of the playoffs!!!:banana::banana::banana:
Last night was a happy rollercoaster ride

Anyone else here hockey fans? Or am I the only one screaming at their TV?:woot::woot:

My husband and I are too!

We are usually both sitting infront of the tv yelling at the refs and cheering them on when there are fights (I love the fights)

Let's Go Penns!!!!! Think we'll do it again this year????

I'm kind of a fan..used to be a huge Dallas Stars fan before I got married but since having kids its kinda dwindled.

The Stars didn't make it this year tho.

But a buddy of mine is a huge Canuck fan and I'm now cheering them on! Hope they kick the Blackhawks butt!!!

Let's Go Penns!!!!! Think we'll do it again this year????

NO!!! As a Habs fan I must say no, but a little piece of me is crying bout the fact that we have to beat Sid the Kid:crying:
It will be fun to watch, no matter which way it goes:woot:

I'm a huge Habs fan, they'll win in 4, no doubt! :)

Bring back the magic of '93! All we need is Kirk Muller again. Maybe he'll come out of retirement.

seizingbeauty - do you find the flashing lights during the games bothersome? It's almost like a strobe light and it triggers seizures for me. I've noticed the flashes being really bad watching Montreal at home. I was watching the Boston-Buffalo series, and I didn't notice any flashes in Boston.

Chris,
I'm not overly photosensitive, but it does get a little overwhelming in the stands. I miss the old Forum none of the special effects just all game!

Yeah I miss those days too.. I can barely watch hockey anymore. The olympics were fine, they didn't use those cameras. I think they are cameras anyways.. I don't know. but whatever it is for it's such an awful strobe type light!! Why do they have to use it!? It must distract the players.

They use them big time here at the MTS centre. I can't go to any events here. Watching the Manitoba Moose isn't as exciting as the days of the Jets, but it's still hockey. I miss watching hockey.. The last time I was at a Moose game I had a sp 1 minute into the game!!

Well that's my rant for the day.

I saw the Habs a few times as a kid. Whenever they came to smash the Jets. There were always more Montreal fans here than Jets. I used to be a huge Patrick Roy fan, I really wanted to see him, but every time they played the Jets they used Andre Racicot! Blah.

He stunk it up big time. Red light Racicot they used to call him.. I remember in his first NHL game, he let in three goals on the first six shots.

It doesn't matter what a Habs is little fruitcake

The only team that you need to worry about are the Pittsburgh Penguins!!!!!

They are going to do it again, but I am a little worried about Stahal. Sid will handle it without him, he is the greatest hockey player in the WORLD!

Last edited:
What's a habs?

Habs is the nickname of the Montreal Canadians.

Sooo sorry about last nights' game Valerie, now the Penguins are come to my turf! Hehehe
:paperbag:sssh don't tell anyone but I feel bad that we have to beat Sid the Kid. He's a Canadian hockey hero!

Well, we are one ahead of you now.

It was a shut out too....

Can you guys come back???

Of course we can come back, we always play better under pressure, just look at the Washington series!
GO HABS GO

Go LEAFS Go

I'm from MONTREAL and my Habs just completed one of the most insane comebacks ever in the history of the playoffs!!!:banana::banana::banana:
Last night was a happy rollercoaster ride

Anyone else here hockey fans? Or am I the only one screaming at their TV?:woot::woot:

Yes indeed, it was one great come back to win the series. But would have they won if Price was in the net?

One of the players that I was really impressed with was oops brain cramp..the one who played for the leafs. He blocked so many shots in the series.

My wife actually asked me if I took my meds the other night because I was cheering for "the rivalry" Habs.:roflmao:

I must say that they are doing very well, and yes I admit that I am rooting for them.:banana:

BUT as the old saying goes " Just wait for next year" The leafs are #1 :pfft:

What do you think about Crosby? I think that he has so much talent, but he is such a winier we we we we:rulez:

Go leafs go, we are going for the cup next season :wave:

Enjoy the games my friend.
Norm Beam

Yes indeed, it was one great come back to win the series. But would have they won if Price was in the net?

One of the players that I was really impressed with was oops brain cramp..the one who played for the leafs. He blocked so many shots in the series.

My wife actually asked me if I took my meds the other night because I was cheering for "the rivalry" Habs.:roflmao:

I must say that they are doing very well, and yes I admit that I am rooting for them.:banana:

BUT as the old saying goes " Just wait for next year" The leafs are #1 :pfft:

What do you think about Crosby? I think that he has so much talent, but he is such a winier we we we we:rulez:

Go leafs go, we are going for the cup next season :wave:

Enjoy the games my friend.
Norm Beam

SHHHH you can't tell anyone!!!:embarrassed: But at heart I'm a Leafs fan! Had a friend threaten to disown me cuz I got my leafs flag next to my habs flag. I miss Ty Domi;):crying:

Speaking as a Habs fan..

We will even it up on Thursday! :) We beat the Caps, and they are a better team than the Pens.

Sorry to say NormBeam.. if the leafs ever win the cup in my lifetime I'll eat my hat... :p

I miss Tie Domi too. A legend here in Winnipeg.

Go LEAFS Go

SHHHH you can't tell anyone!!!:embarrassed: But at heart I'm a Leafs fan! Had a friend threaten to disown me cuz I got my leafs flag next to my habs flag. I miss Ty Domi;):crying:

I hear you seizingbeauty:paperbag:

:bigsmile:

Norm

That was really nice of you guys to let us have that empty net goal last night, thanks!

We play a little better when we are ticked off, so you better watch out.

Let's just see what happens tomorrow......

Better get your hat ready for next season

Speaking as a Habs fan..

We will even it up on Thursday! :) We beat the Caps, and they are a better team than the Pens.

Sorry to say NormBeam.. if the leafs ever win the cup in my lifetime I'll eat my hat... :p

I miss Tie Domi too. A legend here in Winnipeg.

When Tie Domi was playing for the Peterbouro Petes, he played against our junior team Niagara Falls Thunder. A fan threw a banana at him and hit him. Tie laughed, picked up the banana, ate it and threw the peel back in the crowd. That was priceless. What a character!!

Hey Chris.
Tie Domi was one of my favorites, besides Gilmore and Clark. :agree:

We will see about Thursday, Chris.

But Chris....like I was saying in the past 15 years next year is the year for the leafs. :bigsmile: So Get that hat ready.

Enjoy the games Chris.
Norm Beam....dedicated #1 Leafs fan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom