Holland in shock by assault on royal family

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dutch mom

Ketogenic Smile
Reaction score
I've just turned home with my kids from celebrating Queens Day, which is an anual big event in Holland on April 30th. I noticed our Dutch flag being half down when we arrived home. Now we're in shock watching tv. An idiot has committed an assault on our royal family, he has killed several people and has injured many others. He's arrested, seriously injured himself and it seems to be a planned assault.
Holland is mourning and I guess Queens day will never be the same again. It's on the world news. Live video's of the assault are on the internet http://www.nujij.nl/live-beelden-aanslag-koninginnedag-2009-apeldoorn.5500523.lynkx

Last edited:
How very terrible! What a shocking act of violence. Please accept my condolences.

4 deaths yesterday, today 7 people are dead. 12 are injured (some very seriously), 3 of them are kids (age 16, 14 and 9.) This lost soul drove with his car into the public, just people watching the parade, and tried to hit the bus with the royal family. He missed the bus closely but on his attempt he killed and injured many innocent people.
The driver died in the hospital this morning. The last victim who died was a police man.

Last edited:
ooooo

Please accept my condolences, DutchMom. How very sad that someone would be that mixed up.......

sincere condolences

I did see it on World News last night. It was not easy to watch. I'm sure your country is mourning the loss of the innocent people and the injured. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I had read about this in the newspaper and
on the media .. and it is tragic including the
child and teenagers! So sad!

:(

:rose: :rose: :rose:

To those who were ruthlessly killed by the
crazy driver; much sorrows to the family and loved ones!

The world has gone mad, and it is multiplyinng quickly.
Very sorry for your country. This was completely unnecessary.

Our deepest sympathy to your country. I am glad the Royal Family is safe, but why did this misguided person need to kill so many. It is so sad that we have so much hate in the world.

Stay safe Dutch Mom.

:e::e::e::e::e::e::e:

Oh Dutch Mom, I just got to see the video. I'm so sorry. It's amazing how sick and twisted people can be. Please stay safe. I'll be keeping your country in my prayers, as well as the families of those who died.

Back
Top Bottom