How to Adjust to moving to Group home?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

niceguyVZ

New
Reaction score
I may have to move to group home for people who are homeless and mentally ill.

It's scary. The images i have in my mind is they will be dirty people drunk and really crazy and violent. They also said they have dogs. That makes me scared.

Although they said when i went for a meeting , that the people there are stable and stuff and there's rules in the house and stuff.

I' myself have some sort of mental ilness and brain damage and i have many phobias. including dog phobia.

Apparently from what i read about this house online, its' not permanent. It's like charity place and people can stay just temporarily and then they help them get another place to live.

I guess i can do it. But it's kinda scary.

It will be ok,

a lot of the people will be just like you, or struggling to control their own or similar problems one of the first things you can do is think of the kind of person you are, and how you want to approach other people, and try to be friendly and make friends with the people their if you can. New environments are always scary for people and it is all right to admit it is a scary place, people will be their to help you adjust and get used to the new place around you.

we will still be here for you I hope, And you will never be alone I am sure.

Try to make the best of of it, and talk to others around you as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom