How's Rita, Bernard?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lindy

Vitamin Guru
Reaction score
Just wondering how you and your family were doing during the hurricane. Even if the hit wasn't as hard as expected, it certainly sounds as if it were bad enough.

Around 4pm yesterday, we saw that Friendswood had released a statement that the evacuation order had been lifted and people were allowed to return. Most of Houston and all of Galveston island were still not allowing people to return. So we decided to pack up and head back to avoid the rush of people returning.

We left Dallas about 6pm and soon discovered that I45 South was closed from Ennis (a half hour outside of Dallas) to Houston. So we were re-routed to I35 to Waco and took Hwy 6/US 290 home. There were only a couple of bottlenecks and we made it home at 1:30am. We were able to top off the gas tank in College Station and still have 3/4 full tank of gas which should carry us until the stations around here are refueled and operational again (in a few days I expect).

There was almost no physical storm damage in my area. A few localities lost power, but most of it has been restored in my area (and certainly in my neighborhood).

Glad that you escaped the worst of it and are home safely. What an adventure, huh?

I too am happy to read that you and your family are safe and sound and returned to a home. If only the same could be said for other families.

This hurricane season has been more damaging and stressful than others and from the experts we’re entering into an anticipated decade of the same or worse.

Warmly,
Herb

Thank you Lindy & Herb.

This hurricane season is not over yet. I've heard that forecasters are predicting at least one more big one before the season is over.

The last I heard on TV was that, until hurricane season ends at the end of November, there is still plenty of trouble ahead. And to think that my daughter is talking about getting married in Miami during next year's hurricane season! Oh well. She knows that I think that she's crazy.

[tongue in cheek]People should not get married during football season.[/tongue in cheek]

Forget football season (although my son would agree with you). I don't understand wanting to get married in Miami during hurricane season. Just wish that she would decide to come home to get married but....

Back
Top Bottom