I feel horrible!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My 5 y/o plays soccer, so I was trying to get everything together so we could try and get there on time. I walked out the front door and yelled for the kids to bring their toys in so we could go. I locked the door and as I turned I felt something hit my ankle. It was kinda like I almost tripped. I figured it was just another toy. NOPE! A swallow size bird had run into my foot/ankle. I was hoping it had just stunned itself, but apparently it knocked itself hard enough to fly a bit more and die.

I just stood there thinking "OMG! I killed an innocent bird!" Then the kids started crying and panicking. I feel so bad. :eek:

I'm guessing there was something wrong with the bird before it hit your ankle, or it wouldn't have hit your ankle.

:agree: Something had to be wrong with that bird to be flying like that. It's very possible that it was lucky to be put out of its misery so quickly.

I also would have to agree.
Also, as much as it is scary for the kids, it is a better way to learn about death, than with a human death. It is a lesson that has to be learned, because it is a FACT OF LIFE.
I hope you gave him a proper burial, and that you made it to the soccer game on time.

The bird hit your 'foot'?....on the way to a 'soccer' game?...

If crowinthewind reads this he might read more into this...interesting.

I agree with the assumption there was something wrong with the bird prior to your collision.

Interesting coincidence however.
:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom