If you could have any job?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
If you could have any job what would it be?

I love to read I've always wanted to be an author and write a book. It's mystery/crime books that I love.

I've tried a few times to write one. I know what they crime is and why it was done but I can never figure out who did it? - lol

I'd want to be a song writer. I already sing play guitar and piano. Even the Tuba in high school:) Un like you. You have to be able to write to write songs!

A pilot. Before seizures, I was in the airline industry and I was starting to work on a private pilot's license. I wanted to fly and see the world and even was married to a pilot. Then the seizures took over and I couldn't drive.

http://www.jobmonkey.com/ always has fun jobs to look at and see.

and on a note, I used to be a motorcycle tech before I lost my license, I miss it the most It was quiet I got to play with fun toys, I had my own space. and take parts off of wrecked bike and put them on mine.

Photographer full time is my greatest desire - Me and my cameras (I have a few with many lens') spend much time working on specialized photo shoots, but in today's world, there are more options for people and businesses to get pictures. Oh yea, I could go much further here but I'll stop :lol:

Last edited:
it aggravates me every time there is a front page on a newspaper or a magazine from an iphone.

I'd like to do something crafty with some heft, like woodworking. Unfortunately, I have zero skills in that area, and would probably cut off a finger.

Another dream job would be traveling around the world with one of those "Semester at Sea" boats. Sailing, teaching, swabbing the decks. It's all good.

Hi everyone. :)

If I could have any job, that job would be a fiction author and/or a poet. I'm a student right now and my potential grade for English is A*, compared to the others with potential A and B grades. I LOVE poetry, especially when I wrote my own poem based on a poem called Salome (pronounced "sal-oh-may") written by Carol Ann Duffy (anyone seen/read the GCSE English Anthology?). This is my poem called The Dancing Predator:

The Dancing Predator

A woman dances gracefully and slowly,

The presence of Evil and Murder gathering together,

A man walks sluggishly to the elegant woman

And she slices his head off with one swift swipe;

The expression of a killer appears after all is revealed.

Another poem that I wrote that I LOVE as well is a love poem (sonnet) called My Love...My Life, which is mostly based on a sonnet that Shakespeare wrote about his "mistress":

My Love...My Life

Your lovely face is the magnificent fantasy

That dream which I am lost in with open eyes

Your bright happiness that I long to see

Those luscious lips tell no lies.

Two sparkling gems carved into your face

A mystery treasure that allows me to be free

Waves of your exquisite breath is an embrace

The embrace always caresses me.

Your neck’s smooth column is a work of art

The creation that puzzles my mind

Your sweet honey voice speaks to my heart

Every single word a fluent find:

Only you can make me complete

Without your existence, I would not have a heartbeat.

I hope you enjoy the poems, everyone. Thank you for taking the time to read my post. :D :e: Lovespurple :e:

When I was younger I wanted to go into the service (NAVY or AIRFORCE were my first and second choices). But due to other medical reasons that was out. :( I also thought about becoming a fire fighter. But that also was out (for now). After all these years dealing with seizures and the effects of AEDs, it left me a physical mess. :(

If I was 18yrs old again ('97/'98), in perfect health, I'd probably join the NAVY. Most likely stay in for 15-20yrs, then join the AIRFORCE or ARMY. I'd stay in there for 15-20yrs. This is only if I could go back to when I was 18yrs old. Before all this Middle East crap.

I'd like to work at my kids school so I could be there for them. Maybe become a Kindergarten teacher. It's been so long that I lost hope of ever getting a job or learning how to drive. I'm 30 years old now and I still don't know how to drive because my seizures have never been controlled long enough to obtain a license. I'm becoming okay with that though.

I wasn't aware that was a job?

I've got a nudist colony not too far from where I live. Even been there a few times, with the fire department for parades not as a member. We got to keep our clothes on too, I don't think I'd want to see ANYONE in the fire department naked.

You get to see some pretty interesting people there.

If you want I might be able to put a good word in for you and see if you can get hired there!

HAHA, thanks.

there is one about an hour and a half from here, they have a circus about 4 times a year. I am kinda curious what the clowns look like now that you mention it.

There was a man here they called 'The Lizard Man'. He had is whole body, other than his head and hands because they had to be covered with clothes for work, tattooed looking like lizard skin.

I don't remember if he had a tail tattooed or not? It would have been in the front, if you catch my drift....

valeriedl, is The Lizzard Man the one with sharp teeth and a split tongue? Real name being Erik Sprague? :?

I don't think he was. I didn't know who he was so I looked on the web - that thing just freaks me out!!!!! :eek:

I would like Carl Sagan, Bill Nye, or Neil Degrasse Tyson's job. =) Astronomy and Astro-physics. =)
I would also take professional traveler. Write stories about places I've been...take pictures...hang out with my dog while there. Basically tool around the world with my furry buddy. Kind of like Adventure Time. =)

That's very difficult, perhaps I would like to get into medicine as I find it very interesting .. perhaps become an epileptologist! I don't know yet, I am still young perhaps too old for medical school.

Back
Top Bottom