It's going to be a long 5 (or more) months

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
My Father had surgery on his shoulder yesterday, and the warnings I've been getting from my Uncle about what it's going to be like for the caretakers of that person is correct. It's VERY STRESSFUL!!

The 1st part of the stress that I'm trying to not get to me is how needy he already is, my Uncle had told me that his Wife, my Aunt, was ready to kill him less than a week after his surgery and she's a R.N.!

Right now, I can handle it, otherwise I'm going to tell him to get his wife here to take care of him instead. As much as I despise her, she can help him get dressed, I can only help with getting his shirts on, and make sure he takes his meds, I wasn't too happy when he admitted that he forgot to take 1 of the new meds he's on because of the surgery, but she can help him with more, cleansing him, getting his food ready to eat since he can't use his left hand. My Uncle is still here but he's only here for a few more days. He's only here to drive him to appointments, the store, or wherever else he needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom