Just venting for now

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

renee97

New
Reaction score
I am not happy. I am very not happy. Very close to two years without employment and 18 months without income. I will be starting with my sixth (yes #6) Neurologist at the end of November. I am hoping and praying I have enough funds to get me through the winter, but I sure as hell don't know what I am going to do after that. With the lousy housing market, I would have to sell my condo at a loss. And I have no idea IF I will be employed again, much less what I will do, or who will hire me.
I don't know who wants to listen to my stupid rant, but I have even more steam to blow off. It will have to wait. I need to try to get some sleep.

L Renee

L Renee - we are here to listen. There are plenty of folks here that I am sure have been in your same situation. I bet they will be along shortly to offer some suggestions. My daughter has seizures, and I worry about what life has in store for her.

I do hope your new neurologist has some answers for you. Are you doing any kind of therapy to help you deal with the depression?
Why do you think you are unemployable? What have were you working at before?

I hope we can boost your spirits.

There's music in you!......

...you are a veritable wealth of knowledge when it comes to music Lisa Renee. Somehow, THAT's where you exist (from the totally removed outsider viewpoint I have here!).

I wish I knew how to help your situation...are there any musical options available to you like performing? composing? teaching? music critic? hell, building instruments! etc...all of which are SUCH high-salary positions (yeah, right!), but are at least in the field of music.

Don't give up the ghost on this one! Who's gonna give me crap when I misspell Beathoven? or Greeg?
or Sherbet? or that Levi Strauss guy with the really annoying 76 trumpets?
;-)
:rock:

Hey LR, maybe there is something in this good jobs for people with epilepsy thread that will be helpful. There is a lot of opportunity out there.

Have you thought about putting a small classified ad in your local (I mean neighborhood) newpaper offering music lessons?

Hey LR, maybe there is something in this good jobs for people with epilepsy thread that will be helpful. There is a lot of opportunity out there.

Have you thought about putting a small classified ad in your local (I mean neighborhood) newpaper offering music lessons?

you could make things at little cost like maybe gift baskets for birthdays,holidays mothers day stuff like that and start your own web page? look up free web hosting online Or maybe sell them on ebay I used to run "own" I came up with the name hehe CuttingEdgeSecurity.com SOLD $3,250 my husband sold it to this banker for his wife.. because i started working at a real estate office.... anyways we sold it for i think 2,500 so he seems to have made a buck lol I have another one called http://covertronix.net/

with sites like this you have to have good word of mouth OR "google ad words which cost money"

love angel

Last edited:
http://www.bizhosting.com/
they have a free webpage hosting my husband used this for a while... you can upgrade later on also...

love angel

the name i came up with covertronix website supplies are at another location spygear4u or somthing like that my husband payed money $750.00 for to start it up we haven't made a dime off that one... was a bad idea to many sites like that online.... I'm not really into it...

cuttingedge webpage i made about 1,000 maybe a little more a month "We had to really work at it though" Also, I didnt like selling to freaky people lol trust me...

love angel

Gravy, I can only answer one at a time!
I have a Bachelors in Music Education--not only did I not want to teach in the first place (I was a little naive at the time and "pre-Lisa" I allowed a lot of others to make decisions for me), the guy in charge of Music Education loved my brother (who had just graduated) and did not like me at all. I started a Masters in Music Composition a few years later despite the fact that my grades (from undergrad) were terrible, but half due to lack of $ and half to too much politics in a small school of music, I walked (out). Turns out I didn't need it. If you haven't been to my (still incomplete) website (www.lisaragsdale.com) you can see that I have had seven (?) of my compositions performed and received a Foundation grant to compose a work.
What this all comes down to is:
1) "pre-Lisa" (I am transsexual) I would either go through long periods of depression, be indecisive, or things I wanted to do did not work out. post-Lisa, the rest of the world has not been very nice to me with three terminations of blatant hostility and discrimination.
2) When the epilepsy hit (just two years ago this month), it effectively stopped everything. I did manage to compose the work funded by the grant, but I don't know when it will be performed due to a very long story I am not going into!!! When my Cobra insurance died at the end of May 07, "we" scrambled to get me off Lamictal and Keppra which I did not like and could not afford. Started Phenytoin in mid July and now my mornings (prime composing time) have been trashed ever since.

I should stop here. This is already too long!
LR

your venting is good :) it i think helps to have people to talk to who are not going to judge you:)
((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

love angel

your venting is good :) it i think helps to have people to talk to who are not going to judge you:)
((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

love angel

PS:

Just remember to use an ID that you
cannot be traced back as and use a name
that can't be traced back either .. otherwise
"UH OH... Spaghetti-O's"

There's snoopy folks out there ... aka
"Town Gossipist"
:soap:

I bet i could find them faster than they could find me:)
22132160.jpg

1) "pre-Lisa" (I am transsexual) I would either go through long periods of depression, be indecisive, or things I wanted to do did not work out. post-Lisa, the rest of the world has not been very nice to me with three terminations of blatant hostility and discrimination.

Wow......just goes to show what a bunch off small-minded these nobody's are. Easy for me to say, but just brush these discriminating pieces of dirt (to put it polite) off yourself and move on....they aren't worth the stress and anger you must be going through.

I really couldn't give two hoots what sex / colour / disability you are or you have.....you're still worth the same as anybody else in this world.

Try not to waste too much time and energy on the low-lifes that are discriminating towards you, and just concentrate on you and your health - they are the two most important things in YOUR life, right ?

Live well, and hats off to you for being forward/honest (whichever one is more clear) about your sexuality :clap:

I could care less. reminds me of my mother's (??) comments: "What will the neighbor's think?" or "You will be nothing but a freak."
My responses were, "It's none of the ******* neighbor's business." and "Yes, but I will be a happy freak."
So if there is someone on this site that wants to "start," I will finish.
And one very educational piece of information for those who "might" care:This has NOTHING to do with sexuality. nothing, nothing, nothing.
It is a case of identity: brain + body = getting along correctly.
R

Having almost 120 hours straight of hassle this and hassle that, my sincere apologies. I was just a little unnerved by the posting of Brain.

Having almost 120 hours straight of hassle this and hassle that, my sincere apologies. I was just a little unnerved by the posting of Brain.

Renee:

What I was meaning to state on the Internet,
there are people out there that actually spies
on people (we know them as "Stalkers" or
"Busy-Bodies"). I posted that because, you just
never know who is watching!

As ANGEL stated - it is great to vent to which I
responded to her post ...

I understand fully regarding transsexuals, my
ex had plenty of them where he worked. I've
met them personally, spoken with them. Some
of them went so far as to undergo sex change
operations, others did not. So I understand it
completely. Transsexuals are pretty common
folks down here.

So there is no need to "finish" it off when there's
nothing to finish anything off in the first place.
There isn't any need to become defensive
about it.

You came here to overcome and learn about Epilepsy
and to cope with it. We don't care if
you're pink, purple, green, blue, orange, sports
a punk rock hairdo, or a Yuppie in the works,
or wears the latest trend outfit, or simply likes
to wear T-Shirt and Shorts.

In addition to this place is
  • coping with Epilepsy
  • obtaining the latest news
  • meeting other individuals who have Epilepsy
  • meeting other caretakers who have Epilepsy
  • learning about new drugs / researches
  • learning about side effects of medications
  • to vent, laugh, share stories
  • ask questions and if we are able to answer or help or redirect you via links or information site(s)
  • resources
  • and much, much more

We do not debate about other people's personal
lifestyle as everyone is unique and different. Just
as no two snowflake are alike. We understand that
some people won't agree to everything, as there
are always going to be people like that (and we
unfortunately can't do or control anything about
such individuals). If it seems to be a problematic
issue to you for people to accept the fact of who
you are, then that is THEIR PROBLEM and not of
your own. Sometimes the best issue is never to
post or bring it up, if it causes trouble or problems
with other individuals, as the old adage goes:
"Silence is golden".

Henceforth the same regulations brought forth the
Military drama that sparked such a ruling - Don't
Ask - Don't Tell. They found it best to keep one's
mouth shut. Regarding sexual preference of their
own. And I am only stating this because it's a
factual fact.

However on the flip-side of the coin - in Epilepsy,
there is a sexual issue matter that is problematic
between a husband and wife or partner relationship
that is oftentimes discussed on the boards and on
the threads as well found online resources, in books
and in Libraries. That is also a factual fact. People
will post and inquire within; mostly being frustrated
and out of despair.

That was all I was implying but this time more in
depth and more in detailed. I have nothing against
you nor do I wish you to feel that way either.

I hope this posting here re-clarifies everything
down to the core and into more deeper depths
and into the realms of the dreadful Epilepsy.

Last edited:
Good speech Brain. :clap:

....and I agree with everything you've put :cheers:

(It is a case of identity: brain + body = getting along correctly.)

thanks for the info as I didnt know the difference:) I dont feel any different about you at all your fine.. as brain pretty much sums up my thinking on the matter also:)

I agree with everything she said...

and as far as snoops go ha ha..... well, what the hell.... I guess I'm just "interesting" person in a boring town lol

Back
Top Bottom