Keyboard Hiccups.... yeah, I dunno.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm so aggravated with my typing lately. Every time I go to proofread something, I noticing that I type words twice in a row in various places. For example:

My laundry should be done done in about 10 minutes.

It's becoming a "you can count on it a few times per blog!" type deal. I've never had this problem before. I tried Googling some answers but got NOTHING back. Has this happened to anyone before?

-Frustrated Raven

On occasion I have what I like to refer to as dyslexic typing. I type backwards! For instance ekil instead of like. Weird, I know, but somewhat entertaining!

Think of it this way, it's what makes you YOU! (trying to look on the bright side). But I also find myself spelling things incorrectly and thank god for spell check in Microsoft Word! (this is something new, this year, the spelling I mean not spell check:ponder:)
Neil

Ooh, look... a bunny.......

Dyslexia... now that's interesting for sure! I OFTEN have dyslexic moments with numbers (but that's been the case my whole life). Usually when giving change. Hmm, sucked when it came time to "count my drawer at the end of a shift! But, I've never experienced it with words or in text/typing. I wonder what triggers dyslexia. Now you've sparked my interest there. LOL

I was just looking over my post. I'm a dumbass! :soap: Here I am talking about proofreading, but couldn't even take the time to proofread THAT post. "I"
should have been "I'm" but you all knew that ;)

Anyway... So, I guess I just took on keyboard stuttering for no apparent reason then. Very odd. Like I said. It only started happening recently. So..... WTF!? Where's that soap again?

I have trouble typing words backwards, leaving words out, and sometimes typing them twice. I think it's due to the medication and/or where the seizures originate in the brain.
Since I started having seizures, I'm dsylexic, too. And in real life, I suffer from aphasia, I just can't find the right word(s) sometimes while conversing with someone. Or completely loose my train of thought! Ugh!!!

I suppose you're right, it could be medication-related.

As for losing train of thought. Yeah, I do that a lot, too! But, I'll just attribute that to my ADD, lmao!

Thanks for all your feedback, Guys! Nice to know I'm not the only one with odd issues in typing land :woot:

nope, i type words twice to. I have to be sure to proof read almost every thing I type.
It is aphasia, and dislogia. and it is medication related.

Wow! I just looked that up, Court. I think that search just answered 2 concerns for me. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone so-to-speak. I've been completely sticking random words in where they don't belong in my sentence and have NO IDEA why. Just 2 nights ago, my husband was making me a cup of decaf coffee and he asked me how I wanted it. I told him "Milk and 3 caribou, please" Um, WHAT?!?! We both just looked at each other like, "Did I really just say that?" ..."Did she really just say that?" I meant to say... "Milk and 3 Splenda, please." This type of thing has been happening often. I wonder if this all ties together....

Dragonfly,

I see you take Topomax, ie. "Dopemax". That drug can make one "looney", and cause bad aphasia, making it difficult to find words and saying strange things at times. I take it also, along with a high dose of Keppra.

My laundry should be done done in about 10 minutes.

It took me about ten minutes to figure out what was wrong with that sentance. I thought it was perfectly fine.

It took me about ten minutes to figure out what was wrong with that sentance. I thought it was perfectly fine.

it is usually the same part of the sentence for most of us. I have noticed that. Also most people seem to get used to it after a bit.

I do it alot! sometimes because I dontn notice that I already tyoed the word. I also have tonnes of spelling errors I dont see while in a postictal or seizure state. Currently I know my spelling and stuff is bad, but im trying to type with two broken wrists. so I allow myself to leave the mistakes because it takes so long to type them in the first place

Yes, I take Topamax. It's the first drug the Neurologist has put me on. I was diagnosed fairly recently, so we're starting at square 1 with meds. I don't like it at ALL. It's been 2 months now (a little over, actually and I'm getting nowhere but worse). I actually just scheduled an appt to see a new Neuro next week. I do NOT like my current Neurologist one bit. He does not listen to me. I've been in the ER twice this month alone. Fainting, Burning sensations... and my seizures are still crazy bad. I'm hoping to have better luck with the next Doc.

Rae, You sound like me just last year (typing with 2 broken wrists!) I feel you, girly!

Endless... toooo funny that you didn't even notice the double typed word! We're all alike, I guess :)

Endless,

Looked okay to me! I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to USE my washer! Brain freeze :)

Back
Top Bottom