Lamotrgine

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I had shakes today and after reading other threads on lamotrgine I thought take it earlier so took half hour ago must admit jerky passed off.
Out curiosity thinking not take tomorrow morning see what happens.All these years I never married up Lamotrigine and feverish.I very pron to suggestion I read what others have said I automatically feel the same.
One thing have notice my moods better since cut dose back mainly can't be bother mood where before I use lose plot for few hours upset few people and wondered why I did it.Hubby for ever ironing out my manic few hours.The penny was dropping that moods not normal I not psyco person respect to those who are I don't want upset anyone having psychotic moods swings

I've never felt shakey, but I know it's a mood stabilizer. .. I think it can be used to treat schizophrenia? I'm the opposite if I accidently skip a dose I go a bit crazy, just get bad anxiety and a very short fuse, things that usually wouldn't bother me do.
Best ask for advice from a doctor before cutting back on medications yourself. It's possible what you're feeling is related to the drugs, but you're right sometimes you read about someone elses symptoms and your brain seems to suddenly seems to cause those symptoms to appear.. don't worry you're not alone there. Just be careful with the medications.

Lamictal is a mood stabilizer. It does not treat schizophrenia, it treats bipolar and other disorders with bipolar symptoms.

Your mood should be better on Lamictal, not the other way around. Take your meds according to your doctors order.

Don't bother to read up threads about side effects on this or any other epilepsy forum. Most likely you're just triggering symptoms out of paranoia that you think you might be having, when in fact it's a placebo.

Back
Top Bottom