Longest Seizure Today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bergoomay

New
Reaction score
Today, I was in a meeting with over 50 people and had my longest seizure thus far. I think they call it an absence episode as I was able to hear everything around me but not able to speak or react to it. My heart started to race and I was in a staring glaze. I was out for nearly 10 minutes and when I came to, everyone was starring at me and my peer was ready to call an ambulance. Does anyone know what kind of E this is? Nothing like having an episode with Senior Management in the room and only a couple people know what was going on. Oh well, such is life.

Thank you in advance.
Connie

I don't know what kind of seizure you had, absence? But I've been there like you having a seizure in a big group of people. Sucks a hill o' beans. At least you were just "out of it" for a while. I was doing a snake dance on the floor.

I have those seizures as well. Do you say it was 10 minutes because it felt that long to you or did someone tell you that? I ask because I know my sense of time is lost during a seizure. When I was very young I told a neurologist that my episodes lasted an hour or 2.

This might help you define what kind of seizures you have.

http://www.webmd.com/epilepsy/guide/types-of-seizures-their-symptoms

I have them all the time whilst in with my Directorate - Scares the brown stuff out of them- Good, innit?!

Epileric I know it was tn minutes because I remember seeing my phone ring as it started.

Colemac I wondered where you had been the past couple days. You are correct it dies scare the you what out of them.

Epileric, I have some time to chat now and reread your message. Is this the only type of seizure you or do have other types? Also, did they start out like this and advance to something more severe? How many drugs did you try before you found something that worked? I have just started my 3rd drug and wondering how many more I might have to try before I find one that works.

ColemanMac, I didn't mean to spell your name wrong, I was on my Iphone in the middle of the meeting and was trying to be discret.

Have a great week everyone.

Epileric, I have some time to chat now and reread your message. Is this the only type of seizure you or do have other types?
I seem to have all sorts of seizures though most of them are complex & simple partials. I have had tonic/clonic (grand mal) seizure before but they're very rare.

Also, did they start out like this and advance to something more severe?
They do seem to be constantly changing. When I was younger I would remember them either being small with just tingles around the head or larger ones where my head was pulled to the right, those ones were stronger & more tiring. Throughout my life though they do seem to morph. Now I still get the head turned but I don't remember it, I can only guess that it probably was turned.
How many drugs did you try before you found something that worked? I have just started my 3rd drug and wondering how many more I might have to try before I find one that works.
My neurologist tells me I've tried all the drugs that are used for partial seizures & they're still not controlled.

Sorry to take so long to answer, I'm on a little vacation & only check the site quickly every so often until I"m back home. I somehow missed your reply.

Back
Top Bottom