Marijuana/Cannabis THC

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
To begin I'll note that I use a pen with THC liquid.

So CBD does nothing for me. I use THC to manage my sleep, because oxtellar seems to make my sleep very messed up. I also use THC for it's original use to smoke and get high. The thing is I think it causes unneeded partial seizures. If so I'll stop or minimize my THC consumption. But how can I measure if the THC is affecting my epilepsy?

I smoke the flower too. I seem to have seizures either way. My mom thinks it gives me seizures, I think it helps calm me from the anxiety from the seizure meds. I noticed that when I hold the hits in my brain doesn't like it. The THC helps me eat , calms me down and gets me motivated to get up and do things. I like it better than the meds they give me. As far as measuring the THC maybe ask a dispensary.

Cannabis can reduce anxiety and increase it. I'm glad to hear it's helping you not punishing you.

Hi Finalpoet,

I've been using the cbd oil for yrs. and it has reduced my seizures a lot. The THC level is only 1-2% and like you mentioned it makes you sleepy until my body got used to it.
I use the mouth spray. I buy it on line at healthyhempoil.com What I like about this co. is if the cbd doesn't work for you, you can send it back and get your money.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

... But how can I measure if the THC is affecting my epilepsy?

Without any means to test THC levels in your body, I think the best you can do is keep a very detailed "calendar journal" where you record all seizure activity and all THC ingestion. You would need to do this for a good period of time (say perhaps 3 months) and also do it again without taking any THC so you could compare the two for any statistically significant difference.

Hi Finalpoet,

I've been using the cbd oil for yrs. and it has reduced my seizures a lot. The THC level is only 1-2% and like you mentioned it makes you sleepy until my body got used to it.
I use the mouth spray. I buy it on line at healthyhempoil.com What I like about this co. is if the cbd doesn't work for you, you can send it back and get your money.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I would get something like this.

The place i goto (dispensary) have flower thats 22% cbd, 1/2% thc. same for oils, edibles, etc, etc.

I would try CBD for at least 6 months before you write it off.

If reduces seizures, alies a million issues and one. I would still use it.

I do and barely get anything from it (IMHO)

But something that can treat cancer, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, pain & on and on is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom