no feeling in the arm

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hawke86

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know what it means when you can't feel your right arm? Just wondering.

We are not doctors. No one here is qualified nor will they make an attemp to make a diagnosis on the internet!

If you have concerns CALL YOUR DOCTOR

You might read this Hawke:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003206.htm

See if anything makes sense.
I have been getting some numbness in my hands from time to time, and I think for me it has to do with the muscles around my shoulders being extremely tight.
A good massage would sure feel great.
What I usually do, is some arm exercises, such as circles, and stretching of that area, and it seems to subside for the time being.

Maybe with your weight lifting you are over using those muscles. You see if there are other excercises that you can do to balance the weight lifting.

Just some suggestions from CA

Hi..

Hi Hawke,

When you have your appointment this week, ask your Dr. about it. I know you are looking for suggestions and you said you have Neuropothy... Maybe make a note to remind yourself to talk to him about it. Ask him if may be from that. Let us know how it goes.

Michelle

Does anyone know what it means when you can't feel your right arm? Just wondering.

Often times numbness in various parts of the body can be traced back to a problem in the neck. I was in a plane crash a few years ago and injured my back and neck. It gets tight from time to time and my arms will get the pins and needles. I go see my favorite massage therapist and maybe the chiropractor and I'm good to go for awhile.

There are many possibilities and some are serious. Please see a doctor about this.

Thanks Bernard. I have been thinking about it all day. I do remember I have a pinched nerve in my right shoulder. I wonder if this could be it. I see one of my doctors next week. I'll ask the doctor about it. Again Thanks Bernard.

I strongly recommend you to write it down,
log it, and contact your Doctor; if it persists,
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!

NOTE: We are NOT Medical Doctors, nor can
we provide medical advisories.

I strongly recommend you to write it down,
log it, and contact your Doctor; if it persists,
GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!

NOTE: We are NOT Medical Doctors, nor can
we provide medical advisories.

The medical advice that I give is worth about half of what you are paying for it.................

Like they will do anything in emergency, other than poke you a few times and tell you to call your primary care physician in the morning. Now if you are gasping for breath, they might take you seriously.
Your PCP will tell you they don't have an opening for two weeks. In the mean time if you do some stretching, acupressure, hot compresses, all those things grandma might have suggested, it just might be feeling better.
If not... push for an appointment sooner.

Like they will do anything in emergency, other than poke you a few times and tell you to call your primary care physician in the morning. Now if you are gasping for breath, they might take you seriously.
Your PCP will tell you they don't have an opening for two weeks. In the mean time if you do some stretching, acupressure, hot compresses, all those things grandma might have suggested, it just might be feeling better.
If not... push for an appointment sooner.

The good offices hold a few slots for urgent situations. Get up early and start trying to get in when they first show up in the office. Or even better go to the office and make them tell you to your face that they can't see you for two weeks.

No feeling in arms or legs!

I have experienced neuropathy and now I havesciatic pain . All my life I had this pain and then this year, the pain moved in my back and caused lower back pain and narrowing of the spine and discs calledstenosis and spinal bififida. To get to the leg pain and arm pai can be sciatic pain and nerve damage from your back and you don't know it.
David

Hey Everyone,
I seen the doctor today and she told me, it was the scoliosis in my back causing the feeling I get sometimes. the scoliosis is in my lower back. Thanks everyone for being patient for me.

Hawke,

Glad you got some answers from the Dr. today! We are all here to help each other..even if we may not always have an answer..we can help each other with good suggestions and by being supportive! And #1 would be by being kind to each other! Hope you are feeling better!! : )
Michelle

Glad you went to the doctor, dude. Numbness is nothing to mess with when multiple medical issues are a problem. Is there anything that can be done for the situation?

:clap: I'm glad you went to the doctor, Hawke! Like BB, I'm curious if the doctor gave you any advice to help you with the numbness......

Pleased you went to see a doctor.
I hope you are feeling better and that they where able to assist you.

Back
Top Bottom