over counter sleeping pills

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cazzy

New
Reaction score
i know what i doing is wrong but desperate to get some sleep.dr gave me zolpodin not really worked so i got nytol and taking them together...it case of damed if you do dam if dont..if i no sleep i can garentee i get seziour..i getting rather worried because i very aware i got addicted to both zolperdin and nytol together,anybody else taken over counter sleeping pill and or zolpidin i need advice

I have been taking melatonin since i do not want to be taking a perscription sleep aid I take this every night about 10 mgs plus about 50mgs diphenhyramine to help me sleep the melatonin that i take is from Natrol its a sublingual lemon flavored vegan forumula i found that works the best for me I dont always take the other only when I really need the sleep. And am having a difficult time falling asleep. Most of the time the melatonin does the trick for me. I did ask the Neuro I see and he approved all of this.

Tina

I also take Melatonin. I can't stay asleep for anything without help, but sleeping pills make me so groggy the next day (and Tramadol, Ambien, and Lunesta have not worked all that well for me anyway). The Melatonin works better than any prescription I've tried.

I totally undersand where you're coming from. Sleep deprivation = guaranteed seizure for me.

If I have problems falling asleep sometimes I'll take Tylenol PM, or something like that. I've never had any problems and I'll sleep the whole night.

I don't take it on a regular basis though, just when I can't get to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom