Painting with cats

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

occb

New
Reaction score
I just learned a new painting lesson. Never, EVER leave your palette somewhere uncovered if you have a cat. I turned around for 5 minutes to grab a coffee refill, and turned back to find red, yellow and blue prints all over the hardwood floor, and the cat trying to lick acrylic paint off his front paw (thank the gods I don't have carpeting).

Washing a cat's paws, while necessary in this case, is NOT recommended. Ouch!

yes I have a few stories like that. Had a charcoal once that I was working on, and returned to it to find cat prints across the white paper. They do get into mischief whenever possible don't they.

Our new brother and sister are into finding my yarn where ever I hide it, pull it out and unwind it all over the house. Crazy kitties.

Your poor charcoal and yarn :(

Still, kitties are too loveable. Ours like yarn, and TP too.

On a rainy day, I've had muddy cat feet all over the papers I was correcting. Had to return them to my students next day, corrected by my cat...

:scholar:

I had a dog who scratched a sketch of a wild animal. We took it as a complement. Guess it was realistic.

Does climbing in a backpack and pooping on homework count? My son had that happen when he was in 5th grade. Silly cat! If she got mad at you, would find something of yours and poop on it. His teacher was not impressed and he had to do his homework over. The backpack was um, replaced.

Lesson learned...Keep closet doors shut at all times.

My cat likes to pee on things she doesn't like. I've also had my other cat play in the toilet bowl water and then climb into bed with you!

:roflmao:

Poopers, pee-ers and toilet bowl splashers, oh my!

The same cat who walked through the paint also peed on us one morning to protest the new litter. I had to offer him emotional support in the bathroom over the next few days so he'd adjust to the change.

The other leaps across great gaps to have shoulder cuddles. Youch!

I love the little troublemakers.

My cat is really cute. I like when he brings me his toys. But he only likes to play downstairs. If I bring a toy upstairs he takes it downstairs and waits for me to come down and play with him.

Aw. My peeing kitter plays fetch with us too. He's also very picky about where to start from, but since our apartment is small, it's not difficult to get to.

We had a cat named Miss Celie, who would search my son's room for marbles, then drop them down the stairs and chase after them till they hit the entry way at the bottom. She's bat them around hitting the wall for a bit then run back up the stairs and do it all over again. This kept her entertained, she was also the pooping cat that I mentioned earlier. :bigmouth:

My son has taught 3 of our cats we have now to sit up and beg like the dogs. Weirdest damn thing you ever saw.

When my guy and I moved in together his cat took it quite bad. He would jump up on the shelves walking careful about Kurts' things stop in front of one of my knick-knacks, meow to get my attention then bat it off the shelf. My entire "Where the Wild Things Are" collections has been crazy glued back together repeatedly! Still love that stupid cat though.

I have a book of paintings and art in various media produced BY cats (truly) - maybe he just needs his own easel/paint supplies :)

I taught my cat to give kisses, high five, sit, roll over, and dance. occasionally he will meow on command.

The other cat is just stupid and will do Monk's trick in front of you without you trying and then not listen when you get her to do them again. Almost like she needs to prove that she can do it too, but wont take demands from anyone unless she wants to. Such a diva

Wow Rae, that's a lot of tricks, even if one's a diva about it. Yeesh, I thought it was good that our little guys learned to get down off things when we say down :lol:

I have a book of paintings and art in various media produced BY cats (truly) - maybe he just needs his own easel/paint supplies :)

Ooooo, good idea. Next time I'll set out a tray with tempera paints and cover the floor with watercolour paper. He also has a bushy tail, so he could really produce something dramatic.

I was having a downer of a day, and all of your stories perked me right up. This is awesome.

Yeah these stories cheered me up too. :)

That is a lot of tricks Rae! I'm going to have to learn some for my kitty.

Last night he was laying on my chest purring like crazy. Then he decided to place his paw on my nose and keep it there. Funny kitty.

His name is Max and he's a orange tabby.

Back
Top Bottom