Parkinson's

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ruth

New
Reaction score
I have been having bad tremors. My regulsr doctor told me today that I have Parkinson's. My neurologist did an EEG 2 weeks ago. I started having tremors during the EEG. I do not see the neuro until next week. If my neuro says I have it, then I do. I do not know for certain if that is what I actually have.

My regular doctor gave me Carbidopa-Levopa 25-100 tab.

I thought that was causing my tremors a while back.

Is it related to Epilepsy? Does anyone know anything about it?

Are tremors a part of Epilepsy? Is it epilepsy instead of Parkilnson's.:ponder:

Ruth, I have Parkinson's on both sides of my family.
I have always believed it to be connected to toxins in the system.
I don't believe it to be hereditary.

Very sorry you are having this to deal with.
I see very slight tremors in my sisters head, and she did not understand how drinking diet soda could possibly be causing this.

Medications can also be creating an unhealthy env in your system.
it is a Catch 22

I have occasional (noticed 3 times a week) tremors in my hands. I'm on Epilim (Depakote in the US and Canada) Controlled Release and Lamotrigine (Lamictal). I'm not sure what's causing it. Could it be a side effect?

Going back to Ruth's post, isn't Parkinson's a degenerative disease? I'm not sure, but I do know from what I've read about it that some symptoms are tremors, slow movement (I'm slow ALL the time) and stiffness. Other symptoms include speech and communication problems; sleep problems (it takes me at least 1 1/2 hours to fall asleep AND I might have sleep apnoea); skin and sweating problems (I have sweaty palms and feet EVEN when it's cold); and pain.

Going back to Ruth's post, isn't Parkinson's a degenerative disease? I'm not sure, but I do know from what I've read about it that some symptoms are tremors, slow movement (I'm slow ALL the time) and stiffness. Other symptoms include speech and communication problems; sleep problems (it takes me at least 1 1/2 hours to fall asleep AND I might have sleep apnoea); skin and sweating problems (I have sweaty palms and feet EVEN when it's cold); and pain.

My 84 year old grandma has started doing this recently, mostly just the shaking though. She has arthritis which I know gives her a lot of stiffness and she doesn't move too fast. I'm wondering if she may have Parkinson's?

She did have a few seizures a couple months ago, I don't believe she was diagnosed with epilepsy though. She was having them at night and would fall out of bed. She was put on keppra when the seizures started but went off of it after a few months because she couldn't handle the side effects. I don't think she's taking any seizure meds now and hasn't had any more seizures.

A few years back I was shaking really bad, arms and legs, for a few months. I know it wasn't seizures. I don't think it was a side effect of any of the meds that I was on because I've been on these meds forever and I think it would have shown up way before then.

I was going through a good bit of stress at the time which I don't know if that could have caused the shaking. It started to die down over the next few months. It would be only one leg or arm at a time and the speed of the shaking slowed down and I was only getting it for shorts periods of time. Then it just stopped. The drs still don't know what caused it.

Parkinson's is a Disease which means it is degenerative.

I started having tremors in my hands 12 years ago. A few weeks ago I started jerking in just one arm, now both arms. My regular doctor saw it and diagnosed it as Parkinson's today.

I called my neurologist when I got home from the doctor's and asked for the results of the EEG. I had the same symptoms as today during the whole EEG. She did not call back. She has always called me back the same day. I was told that she would give me the results of the EEG when I see her next week. I know that the technician that I could not stop and she pressed on a nerve at my elbow. That stopped it. So she knows exactly whats wrong with me.

I noticed that it stopped when I drank herbal teas. At night time I drink SleepyTime tea so that I can sleep. I have insomnia. During the day, I drink Chamilloe Tea and it calms my nerves down. I never made the connection until tonight.

Does anyone know what other natural foods or drinks that I should drink or eat or avoid?

I did some research last night and found out that there are some natural things that I can take. I did not take anymore of the med after I looked up the side effects. One of the side effects is seizures. Just what I need.

I found out that I can take: magnesium, cod oil, omega 3, Vitamin B Complex, Calcium with Vitamin D. I take a seizure medicine when it flares up. I take these anyway for my seizures.

My diet for my Diabetes works for my Epilepsy. I think it is helping my Parkinson's. Unless I have been misdiagnosed like I was with Alzheimer's.

Back
Top Bottom