Pets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I not been to well lately and my son ask me look after his tortoise who said to be about twenty the dear little thing blonks everything .put lettuce in his pen which he proceeded to boink then ate it.i been watching him for last few days he really cheered me up and not had one sz.i not saying randy tortoise is for everyone but he sure did it for me..Yes he did try bloik my foot.which better than dog humping leg

Pets can definitely bring your blood pressure down, lower your cortisol, make you sleep better. Healthy all around.

I'm allergic to cats& dogs but I can have my dog since it has a good bit of chihuahua in it. Getting my dog pulled me out of ; bad depression when my last dog died of heart disease.:twocents:

my mum had Chihuahua bit her little finger off..that dog did something I wanted to do all my life needed medal not being put down as she did..only thing with dogs they hump me and owners do nothing apart from /OH LOOK HE LOVES YOU'all I want do is kick in nuts..blasted tortoise humping my foot,my cats never did that proberly because I got them done before they knew what sex was..
I think I get buddgie and gold fish I be safe:)

I know for a fact that my black lab, Bart, makes me feel better when I'm having a terrible day. He does this thing where he puckers the left lip only and he looks like he's smiling. It makes me laugh no matter how upset I am. He's also got his "I love you" paw. The dog is a gem. Wouldn't know what I'd do without him.

:hugs::hugs:we are picking up our new puppy tomorrow...after our beautiful springer penny passed away recently. we have been devastated by her going and its been so hard not having her with us..now we have decided to get another beautiful springer...we havent told the kids yet either so it will be great to see their faces!!

I have heard that pets can lower triglycerides as well.

I have heard that pets can lower triglycerides as well.

I heard that.
Dogs know when someone going to have sz and both my cats were aware before I had one they looked at me terrified then I knew going to happened I in turn got terrified

I have a French bulldog puppy and it is amazing how they can help pull you out of a funk.

I would love get another one but these days trying get people feed them when you away not easy,,If anything happened to my husband I would defiantly get a dog

:pop:We have just got our springer spaniel pup...hes gorgeous! chewing my socks at the moment

Just got a second sugar glider. Not the animal for anyone wanting to relax. :eek:

My cat "warns" me of my seizures after one has happened. lol This was something he started on his own. I think since he can do this he should be trained to warn me before one happens but can't quite figure out how to get him to do this. He is really good for my depression and making me laugh too.

My dog is great, He can relax me quickly when I'm stressed out just by looking at me, especially now since he hasn't had a haircut in a few months, he's looking a bit scraggly, but sweet. And I wonder, how he can see with all of the fur that's covering his eyes?

And can make me laugh when he runs up to me with one of his many toys and drops it on my foot to throw. Or when I wake up in the morning and he has all of his toys laid out in a line in the living room, and is waiting patiently for us to choose!

Back
Top Bottom