PG update...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skillefer

New
Reaction score
Just a quick update....Recently went to the OB (yes, I'm preggers, for those who didn't know...) I'm now about 25 weeks along, and had a second sonogram last week. It's a girl. I asked if they could tell the gender, and as I asked, the baby moved and flashed the sonogram tech. :) It's definitely a girl. (I just hope she doesn't end up flashing people like that once she's out here...) Then I asked if we could get a cute pic, and the baby moved again and gave a profile view, and then when her daddy asked the sonogram lady a question, she actually turned her head so that she was facing the sonogram thingy.... What a little poser.....I don't think I'll have to worry about her being camera shy. :) All the news so far is good. :) Good heart, organ, brain, and skeletal formation... Stress tests start next month..(oh joy). Hubby and his mom are glowing...and hubby's two younger sisters are going nuts looking at baby stuff. (Actually, with everybody else getting all excited, it's kinda taking the wind out of my sails...is that normal??) Anyway all is going well....and no, I have not had any cigs. :)

Awwwww, Skilly

you almost make me want to be pregnant again! Soooooo cute!!

And yes, it's normal to feel like the wind is "taken out of your sails" when someone else is doing all the stuff for you......

Awwwwwwwwwww..........

I'm glad the baby's healthy though. At least she's got a sense of humor, like Mama.......HEHEHE

And congrats on the no cigs.......I know that's hard to do.......

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
Good on the smokes...when I was pregnant, it was the only time I got sick around any smoking and was able not to smoke or be near anyone who did. I wish they could figure out what hormones do that and inject it into me so I wouldn't smoke now.
A little girl is so sweet, I know you are over the moon with excitement!

Sounds great! You gals are always posing for the pics.

No smokes is great as well. :clap:

When it feels like others are taking the wind out of your sails, just climb up to the top of the mast and enjoy the ride above them.

:rock:

*chuckle* Thank you for all the nice replies...Last night we went shopping at Walmart and everyone else was just ooing and ahhing in the baby area. Me, I'm sitting there thinking how ridiculously high priced everything seems...*chuckle* Maybe that's just me. So I wandered down to the laundry aisle to pick up the stuff I need to make laundry detergent. Got to get the family used to the gentler stuff so that when the baby comes they won't be pitching a fit about having to buy different kids of detergent. Instead, we'll all just use the stuff I make. Should last longer, as you only need 2 Tbsp of the homemade, as opposed to the cup of store bought.

PS= And yes, I'm the one that stops and thinks of the sensible stuff and rarely stops to spoil herself. Heck, I'm going to be hitting the thrift store down the street for baby clothes. It's not like she'll be in them long! :)

Fantastic news all around. :)

I was single mom who didn't get any child support....I think my kids dressed in thrift store or garage sale clothes most of their lives. It has taught them how to be thrifty now they are adults. My youngest son is 22 and it made me laugh when he told me that him and his friends go to Goodwill on Thursdays because they give an addition 10% off on that day!
You are right...they grow so fast...they hardly have time to wear them!

Yea!!!! That is so exciting, and so fun.Little girly clothes. So how old will you be when she is 10? Just kidding. Im almost 44 and Alex is 11.

Ugh...don't remind me! :) In ten years, I'll be 47....ok...now I'm feeling ancient...:) Actually, I told hubby that if he wants more, I'm game. This pregnancy has been EASY. :) He got all the morning sickness (it was kinda funny to watch him race tothe toilet every morning...) and I just got occasional heartburn (dairy products.. :p ). He says if it happens, it happens, but he doesn't want to jeopardize my health. What a sweetie. :)

Ugh...don't remind me! :) In ten years, I'll be 47....ok...now I'm feeling ancient...:)

I dunno Skilly, I'm going to be 48 in 3 months. You calling me old?? :pfft:

Your hubby sounds like my brother- He started to put on a belly before my sister-in-law did.

The funny thing is that when we're asleep and I'm curled up behind him, the baby kicks his butt....LOL....Like mother like daughter....

Congratulations! Kicking butt...like mom, like daughter! Great!

Hope you're getting enough rest, vitamins and folic acid.

Take care!

something to be happy about. I met one of my second cousins today. little baby girl.The clothes are so cute.So much to celebrate!

Congrats ** What wonderful news. Kids area blessing and I am so happy for you. I am glad all goes well and you are enjoying your pregnancy. Its an exciting time. My first husband gained more weight than I did when I was preggers. We called it sympathy weight lol

Be well.
joan*

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/JuvenileMyoclonicEpilepsy/

First flashing for the cameras and now kicking her Dad's behind. What a gal!!!

Take care Skilly.

By the way epileric - your just a young kid - I hit 48 in less than a month.:pfft:

Here's the latest...

Ok...here's the latest. I'm now at 30 wks. The lady who does the non-stress test tells me I'm gaining weight too fast. :( My OB is just fine with my weight. :ponder: I wish they'd make up their minds. I'm still smoke free. :) I had a seizure on Thursday. Luckily I was seated at the time. The only damage was to my tongue. And yes, it still hurts. :( but it is feeling better. Baby has been kicking like crazy. And I think I actually felt one of those Braxton Hicks thingy majiggys. :) The twice a week non-stress tests are getting old though..... :p Hubby looked at me today and said that he thinks the baby isn't in breach anymore. That, and he thinks it looks like I'm carrying twins now..... I almost told him to bite his tongue....but then I remembered how much mine hurt. :) Anyway, all is well out here in the cabbage patch. 10 more weeks. :) Hubby is going nuts with waiting... :roflmao:

I'd say

Listen to the OB. They know more of your history that the other. Pbbbbtttttt is my response to the other!!!! :) Congrats on the still smoke free -- although I picked up a few the other night out of sheer frustration about something in my house. *sigh*

Hubbys can be goofballs when it comes to their wives being pregnant.......and I'm sorry for that. Mine told me when I was pregnant with my 2d child--before I had taken the pregnancy test. "You do know you're pregnant again, don't you? Your hips are spreading...." UUURRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG. The urge to smack was great that day........

Enjoy what time you have left. You're going to be a GREAT mother, Skilly. :)

Back
Top Bottom