Power of pets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
Pets inhance our lives.

Here are the evil furballs that run my house.

Belle Darling 9 mo old Lhasha-Poo

46880a6b.jpg

Rusty 2 yr old Malteze-Poo

6f49fb6f.jpg

Target Evil Kitty 12 yrs +

d06d7c8f.jpg

(What? You mean eating the bird is not allowed?)

My sisters in law collectively own an entire zoo of critters between them. Your dogs look like a couple of the ones they own that are extremely hyper all the time.

Your cat looks very reasonable.

Right now, we only have a fish for pets. We used to have cats but they all passed away several years ago.

The girls also have a couple of Beta fish, "Bob" and "Queen Pink" and then there is the yellow parakeet named "Pinky". That's is enough zoo for me.

The Lhasa-Poo is nuts. She is more hyper than a Jack Russel Terrier and very smart. She watches how the kids do things then tries to imitate them. It's hilarious to see her in the sandbox with the kids. She climbs better than the cat and I just waiting for the day when I find her on top of the fridge.:eek:

The other dog is the sweetest, most laid-back dog I've ever seen. We got her from a no-kill shelter and I think she was abused and negelected. She is learning how to play with toys and keeps the pschyco-dog in line.:tup:

Vast personality differences!

I always wanted a dog, but we only had cats . I love big dogs ,thou I would have settled for a small dog. But it wasn't in the cards for me. I loved my cats and they were in tune
to me and when I went into satatus they wouldn't leave me, but they kept hollowing for Claude.
Animals truly bond with us.

Riva

rspca!

heya bb!!

i have pets!

5 cats

white shortish fur, blue eyed, not deaf old cat named gallahad
black with a red dusty tinge shortish fur, yellowy green eyed young cat named valencien
black with the same tinge and short fur but a white crested chest kittenish age named Hissy Puffay
black with one white paw on the right side, fat cat long fur kittenish age, called paw
and a ginger cat named catkin whos older than the valensian and younger than gallahad, hes also an aggressive little bugger addicted to biscuit style cuisine

1 dog

his name is mullet he's half boarder collie quarter staffy, quater pig dawg

he is smart and adorable and cute and boopy doopy oh

-we also have possums that come down the tree to the deck and we feed them every night fruit and things...

PROPETS!!

My parents have a 4 year old female kelpie/labrador dog who is very intelegent and is a loyal pet.

When my parents go away I go to their house to look after the house and the dog.
There are times when I'll go have a shower & the dog will follow me into the bathroom & just sit near the shower until I'm finished. If she isn't in the bathroom with me when I have a shower she'll sit by the door until I am finished in the bathroom and then jump on me as if to say she is happy to see me.

My parents think the dog senses that I have epilepsy and is just looking out for me, it wouldn't surprise me if she does know lol.

I have had too many pets!

:eek:

Skunk
Crow
Hawk
Squirrels
Dogs (AKC & Mixed & Guide Dogs)
Timberwolf (had permit & license)
Cats (AKC & Brindles)
Rabbits (Wild & Domestic)
Ferret
Snakes
Turtles
Raccoon
Hamsters
Gerbils
Ducks
Horse
Cow
Pot Bellied Pig (when it was legal)
Hedgehog - he died 3 months later :(
Birds - From Amazon to Parakeets
Fish - Freshwater only

and no - my name isn't Old Mac Donald

Here are some of the DOGS I've owned:

This one's KEEISHA - AKC Siberian Red & Liver; to which
I had to give her away, I could no longer handle her and
this was when we were remodeling and I was building the
property that I currently reside. We trained her as a puppy,
and she was not just a "Mush Dog" but also a K-9 (Hand,
Command (Verbal) & Leash) Certified Attack Dog.

keeshia1.jpg

keeshia.jpg

This one here is the one that a Police Department had
purchased from me - I will not disclose what Police Dept, but
this dog is still very much active and in service:

Sprite.jpg

Here's what I have - 2 Cats,
the eldest, Cocoa Puff; whom we
adopted - who literally dragged the
bathtowel into the USPS Tare Box
when I was doing eBay, when Duece
of Diamond (aka Diamond), to which
she adopted us prior to a Hurricane,
and she was an abandoned kitten.
Cocoa adopted her and yes, they
do look and resemble alike and are
Brindle Cats. Grandma and Granddaughter.
But they are NOT related.

cats2.jpg

Pictures of our pets:)

here ya go tee tees I'm happy everything went well with your test:)
239335125O826451574.jpg

239334733O621504719.jpg
[/IMG]

the picture above i took friday morning at around 7am ...

tee tees my husky wont bite your bum.... my rottie mastiff might:) :pfft:

Love angel

Hello Everyone....

I think anaimals have a very very very important place..
My cat.... well he thinks he is 1/2 human and I am htinking 1/2 dog.... he hasnt come to the conclusion that he is indeed a cat!!!

He is a mancoon... I am under the belief that in the US they are called barn cats they ae a massive breed... He is 8kg i think you x that by 2.2 to get it in pds so that make 17.6pd

He was bought for me as a pets as therapy animal and has been that and so so so so so much more....

He is always laying with me when I am sick he follws me for days when he knows I am off to hospital and wont get out of my suitcase once it comes out till when I leave...

Not that long ago my father was staying with me and my cat let my dad know I was having a seizure quiet a severe one at that i had dislocated m shoulder and had hit my head..... He kept running out to the lounge room and meowing to my dad... and thought he should see where and found me...

So i think my fella is pretty pretty special...

As I am sure your ones are too all of you

the picture above i took friday morning at around 7am ...

tee tees my husky wont bite your bum.... my rottie mastiff might:) :pfft:

Love angel

I certainly hope your Husky won't bite my bum.....it's a bit off a tender area at this moment in time !! :D

Nice pics btw :tup:

I'll try and see if I can post some more off Benji when I get home

Love TeeTees

Here ya go then....some pics of li'l ole Benji :

benji3.jpg

Doin' what he does best.....sleep !!

Benji2.jpg

Here is in the back off the car on the way to our Hols, letting his hair flow in the breeze, whilst checking out the other Bitches in the Hood

Benjiincar.jpg

So, we reach the caravan....yep, you guessed it - he wants forty winks again !

DSC01433.jpg

Oh, look we're back home

DSC01461.jpg

Awww he's so cute!

My little doggy shirts should be here today or tomorrow, so I'lll post another of my critters wearing their CWE shirts!

"Here ya go then....some pics of li'l ole Benji :"

ha ha how cute!

love angel

Nosey neighbor

I was opening the back door this morning for the last of these few days we can before it starts to get colder, and a beautiful Calico cat was on the back porch peeking in the back door. I think it was wondering where all the mice had gone from the strawberry patch in the back yard. It didn't have a collar or tags on it, and if it comes in the back door, it might just not get back out. I love Calico cats, and this one looks less than a year old.

CWE shirts for pets!

Feast your eyes on the lastest Doggy T's. They'll be the talk of the dogpark!

And to think....I don't even get paid for this!

Rusty is wearing a Medium (she needs a haircut!)

cbf497fb.jpg

Bell is wearing a small (little scamp!)

6ba760a4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom