Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old.--George Burns

A woman is like a tea bag--you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.--Nancy Reagan

Health food may be good for the conscience, but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better.--Robert Redford

It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself.--Eleanor Roosevelt

Do one thing every day that scares you.--Eleanor Roosevelt

For every minute you remain angry, you give up 60 seconds of peace of mind.--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable.--Mark Twain

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.--Mark Twain

Always forgive your enemies--nothing annoys them so much.--Oscar Wilde

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.--Albert Einstein

A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.--Groucho Marx

THERE ARE NO STRANGERS HERE,
ONLY FRIENDS WHO HAVEN'T MET.

***** SIGN IN HOSPICE UNIT AT BETHESDA HOSPITAL *****

:cheers:
Buckeye I like this one "Thery're are no stangers, here only people we've never met."

My uncle once told me something I'll never forget "Life is just the Foyer to Heaven" That always gives me hope when I'm down on myself or on life."
Always Laurie

Last edited:
For those of us old enough to know what analog clocks are:

"Don't get down too hard on yourself. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day"

For those of us with digital clocks, a stopped clock is right once a day.

Native American Proverbs
  • It is less of a problem to be poor, than to be dishonest. (Anishinabe tribe)
  • Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past. Wisdom is of the future. (Lumbee)
  • Talk to your children while they are eating; what you say will stay even after you're gone. (Nez Perce)
  • Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Walk beside me, that we may be one. (Ute)
  • Don't be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. (Hopi)
  • No answer is also an answer. (Hopi)
  • The greatest strength is gentleness. (Iriquois)
  • People without faith in themselves can not survive. (Hopi)
  • We will be forever known by the tracks we leave. (Dakota)
  • Do not judge you neighbor until you walk two moons in his moccasins. (Cheyenne)
  • He who is present at a wrong-doing and does not lift a hand to prevent it is as guilty as the wrong-doers. (Omaha)

Like!!!

For those of us old enough to know what analog clocks are:

"Don't get down too hard on yourself. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day"

For those of us with digital clocks, a stopped clock is right once a day.
But what if the Cu Cu Clock stops? We have a dead bird on our hands! Laurie

The Best!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Wan't to get a book devoted just to his quotes. Like some of Churchills' Oscar Wild's and Noel Coward's. Now I'm souding like an Anglophile! Cinnabar

"Courage is not the absence of fear ..... it is acting in spite of it!"
Mark Twain

"Brievity Is The Soul Of Wit"

by Polonious

And this comes from someone who goes on and on...Always Laurie

spiritual guidance

Guilt is a rope that wears thin.
Ayn Rand
Happiness is that state of consciousness which proceeds from the achievement of one's values.
Ayn Rand
Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness.
Ayn Rand
Thanksgiving is a typically American holiday...The lavish meal is a symbol of the fact that abundant consumption is the result and reward of production.
Ayn Rand
I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.
Ayn Rand, Anthem, 1946
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Pride is the recognition of the fact that you are your own highest value and, like all of man’s values, it has to be earned.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
That which you call your soul or spirit is your consciousness, and that which you call 'free will' is your mind's freedom to think or not, the only will you have, your only freedom, the choice that controls all the choices you make and determines your life and your character.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice--there is no other.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957
The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it.
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957
The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.
Ayn Rand, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, 1966
The Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.
Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness, 1964

Ayn Rand - Shelly, I've read Atlas shrugged years ago. So many people have their own opinions about what she espouses. But, philosphy aside, I've been a fan of her work. I like..."The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Always Laurie

Buckeye - As Elvis said "Thank You Very Much". Nietzche's quote! I believe I shared this with you ... how my friend, only in my best interest, told me to bring Neitzche back to the library and rent a comedy because I was just way too much into the "dark". If wisdom (and there was also humour in Nietzche's quote) is so dark "well, damn, just shut me in closet with one of those little page reader lights with lots of tripple A batteries ... and a stack of Eastern European books! Laurie

"Don't wait to feel powerful or confident"
By: Rick Warren

These are definetjy words to live by
David Hair:ponder:[/QUOTE]

god helps those who help themselves.
Ben Franklin

Last edited:
By and large life is good, people are good. Keep a song in your heart and the truth on your tongue.
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger."
-Abbie Hoffman

"This crime called blasphemy was invented by priests for the purpose of defending doctrines not able to take care of themselves."
-Robert G. Ingersoll

Yeah Buckeye! Finally a Forum that can misunderstand me!!!

Here's a few...

"I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight."

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Procrastinate now. Don't put it off."

"All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand."

"Why do psychics have to ask for your name?"

"I didn't loose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

"Here officer, hold my beer while I look for my license"

How true if it comes to epilepsy...

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

Margaret Thatcher

i'm not sure who these are from/by but here are a few to make you chuckle-
"growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"
"those who think they know everything are annoying those of us who do"
"life is like a soccer game where everyone is offside and there is no referee"
"to err is human, but if the eraser wears out before the pencil you're overdoing it"
and
"Committee: a group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary"

My mum's quote always made me laugh....

When you die, you're going down, and you won't notice the heat for shakin hands!

Quick background - My father remains an evil sociopath.
My quote: "When his time comes, he'd better have a suitecase packed with summer clothes because it's going to awfully hot down there." LFP

Elaine - Your mother's quote reminded me of my own. However, it might be my luck that it gets transferred to The Padded Room! Well, maybe I'll post it there, too. I say there's nothing like being able to digest a bit of morbid humour! LFP

One Patient Doctor

"You could not help but be drawn to the beauty of his difference."

I wrote this about Dr. Gerardo Bueso

He was my doctor around the time the Sports Med. doctors cooked me in the whirl pool...

That's so very very VERY true David, no matter how much we don't want to believe it........:agree:

Back
Top Bottom