saying goodbye is never easy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
We had to have our dog Blue put down today. 3 days ago she was fine and then she started throwing up bile and not moving very well. My husband took her to the Vet this morning and called me to give me the bad news that she had a uterine infection which went to her blood and she was in a lot of pain. We then decided that the best thing to do was to take her out of her pain. I left work early and we picked the girls up from school and headed to the vets. This is the first dog that I have ever had to put down. She may be gone but she will never be forgotten as she was such a unique dog.

IMG_0010.jpg

Very sorry to hear........

Please accept my condolences.

Eric

My heart goes out to you. It is never easy to make these kinds of decisions.
I hope the empty hole is soon filled with the memories that you shared with him.

So sorry Laura.....

Blue was a beautiful pup.

I am so very sorry for your loss :( What a beautiful girl she was with her one blue eye! Shepherd/Husky??? I'm sure you have many wonderful memories to celebrate...(((BIG HUGS)))

It's sad to lose a loved pet. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Blue was a Irish Setter, Husky, Rottweiler mix. She was very gentle with small children, she would let kids crawl all over her. She also was a great protector, not allowing anyone she didn't know in our home or yard. She also loved kittens, we have pics of her cuddling with some kittens.

Awww

Please accept my condolences, Laura........Beautiful dog!

When I was little I had a black lab named Puppy, "twinkle toes tora." I love that dog so much. She protected me. And she was always so happy. I have a picture of her by my bed.She was my best friend. I really do feal for you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope in time you find comfort in your memories.

joan*

Laura, I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Sincerely, Josie

I'm so sorry also to hear about your loss of a great friend, companion and protector. Blue sounds like she was such a great unique dog with a great temperament and personality.

That picture is beautiful.

What a handsome guy he is! I lost my 14 year old dog on September 1, 2008...it is not easy, I am still grieving his loss. It is so heartbreaking to lose a member of your family. All my prayers to you and your family

Ouch - that sucks. I really feel for you Laura - we were lucky with our last dog....he just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up. It must be a real tough decision when you have to decide about having your dog put down, but you really can't let them suffer in pain any more. Real Sad :(

Oh Laura, I am sooo sorry. I remember having to have my first pet put down. She was such a beautiful cat, and I sobbed for weeks. But she was in such pain, and the vet and I knew that she was just waiting to say goodbye. She had been poisoned. Someone gave me a plant at school, and I brought it home over a weeklong break. She nibbled on one of the leaves and a couple of days later, she got sick. I didn't notice till about a week after the fact and took her to the vet who told me that she had been poisoned and asked if I had gotten any new plants. I was sick with grief. I hope that your family is holding up.

{{{{HUGS to your family Laura}}}}

Dogs are so special (cats as well). They just love us so much unconditionally.

When I had to have our 14 yr old dog put to sleep last year, it was very tough. She must have had a stroke. Her eyesight went, she couldn't eat on her own, and when she could no longer drink out of a bowl I held up for her, I knew it was time. The hardest part was when she started having seizures. That was so painful to watch.

:e:

Back
Top Bottom