Seizure Response Dogs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I got lucky, really really lucky, you cant teach a dog to alert, its something that they can sense if they are lucky, I was just fortunate, to get a dog that could alert, and is awesome in any public situation, she bomb proof, thats not typical, and it also took alot of work to get her just right, she was an awful destructive puppy, that literally ate the parts of the side of my house, I hadnt even been diagnosed with epilepsy when I got her, but one dr did suspect seizures as I had some myoclonic jerks.

By the way Birdbomb is an idiot. Saying some dogs just cant be trusted because of their breed is moronic and wrong, its just a way for some aholes at an insurance company to raise their prices, and its based on anecdotal evidence, as far as dog bites go, the majority of dog bites in the USA come from Labrador's because they are the most popular dog, not because they are a breed that cant be trusted.

and I apologize for being rude and saying that Birdbomb is an idiot, I'll try to avoid personal attacks, but when I see someone spewing breed rascist hate I get a little upset and have to speak up, maybe not in the most constructive way, but it was fast and to the point, people who believe in breed legislation are idiots, and no better than any KKK member, and deserve to be called out for their insensitive moronic crap that come out of their mouths.

Last edited:
Im having a hard time lately, Ill try to moderate myself better, dealing with the effects of a traumatic brain injury, being disabled, and dependent and angry easily, Im still smart but Im afraid its hurt me cognitively it certainly hurt my frontal lobes and has made me somewhat of a jerk or irrational at times.

Seizure Alert & Responder Dog

I have a SARD name Aimus he has been with me for 4 years. He has alerted me to impending gand-mal's, responded with laying cross-way on my chest. When I look at all the way''s these dog's react he demonstate's many of them.

seizure alert dog I could never have.

I'm allergic to dogs and the one type of dog I can have is a chihuahua.
Anything else would drive my allergies crazy.:agree:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom