time change

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ann T.

New
Reaction score
Greetings, CWE family!
Just wanted everyone to remember to turn your clocks back 1 hour this Saturday night so you can get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning. Also change your fire alarm & carbon monoxide detector batteries. ~Ann T.

Thank you .....
Will all my clocks that do the atom stuff (I've forgotten the term) know to set themselves back?

I'm so old my favortie sort of clock is the nice, calm battery powered thing.

Hello Nancy,
Don't worry, I'm old-fashioned: most of the clocks in my house are battery powered, too. Before I go to bed Sat night, I'll set my watch & the clock next to my bed 1 hr back. I'll change the clocks in my house when I wake up. So, right before you go to bed, change the time on your watch & if you have a clock next to your bed, set it 1 hr back. When you wake up, set the other clocks in your house 1 hr back. ~Ann

Greetings, CWE family!
Just wanted everyone to remember to turn your clocks back 1 hour this Saturday night so you can get an extra hour of sleep on Sunday morning. Also change your fire alarm & carbon monoxide detector batteries. ~Ann T.

I remember one year when we forgot the time changed, we showed up for church and no one was there. We stood in the parking lot like a bunch of dorks thinking church had been canceled. My mom called the pastor and everything...what a hoot. :clap:

I "FALL BACK" tomorrow (Friday)... we always
do that on Friday nights - Fall Back (Autumn)
and Spring Ahead ... but the greatest thing
since the US Government has done is, making
the Standard Time SHORT!

YAY!

We HATE the Standard Time! LOL! We LOVE
the Daylight Savings Time ... Big Fans Here!

:D

PS: The reason why we do this on Fridays
because it takes us that long to get adjusted!
:?

Oh - what I meant to say is that I have some of those atomic (?) things ..... cheap from WalMart. I suppose I'll learn soon enough if they re-set themselves ;) I don't understand HOW.

I love it that they they DO reset themselves after a power outage.

Nancy,
My son has one of the clocks that resets itself....but it was brought a few years ago and didn't know about the government changing the date for the time change and fell back a week ago! I not sure how it know to change, he tried to explain it to me but it was over my head!
jennifer

Bernard - thank you!! Finally I understand.

Now ...... I have another question for you.
Why on earth did this ..... ooops that doesn't go here.

We had a couple of older clocks that changed last week as well. I wish they had not changed it again. The last week in Oct and first week of April were easy to remember. Now it is into Nov and mid March.

I could do away with it all together. Then we would just have to change our work/school hours once to adjust. Why not work 7-4 instead of 8-5?

:noevil:

Guys, where've you been ?....we've already changed 'em over here :pfft:

Guys, where've you been ?....we've already changed 'em over here :pfft:

LOL @ TT

My computer clock says 3:15 PM
but my house clocks says 2:15 PM!

As I stated, we do ours on Friday night,
it takes us that long to get adjusted!

LOL @ TT

My computer clock says 3:15 PM
but my house clocks says 2:15 PM!

As I stated, we do ours on Friday night,
it takes us that long to get adjusted!

I actually completely agree with that method though Brain. Doing it on a Friday gives MOST people a good chance to 'adjust' to the change, rather than just the one day before going back to work.

Write a letter to our Prime Minister for me please :bigsmile:

I hate time changes...They are so confusing. :( and now it's going to get dark at 5 o'clock

Dark at 5:00 - That is why I wish I could work 7-4. Winter darkness is SO DREARY.

Where did my summer GO???????

Hello, Bee:)
The way I learned the time change is: Fall(autumn)Back, so turn your clocks 1hr back; Spring Forward, so turn your clocks 1hr forward. I agree with you & Buckeye: darkness at 5(& then 4)PM is a summer bummer...

Back
Top Bottom