Update on the Job front....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
Well guys, looks like I may have a reason to get off my butt on Monday.....at long last.

I had a phone call from one of the several agencies I signed up with this morning, confirming that a company would like me start work for them on Monday morning. It's on a temporary - permanent basis, so providing I like them, and they like me, all's gonna be good.

The job's doing the Purchase Ledger in the Accounts Department of the Company, which I've done many a time in the past, so have no 'butterflys in the stomach' feelings about this.

I'm just awaiting the girl at the agency to call me back with a final confirmation, and a request for my bank details so they can keep my balance topped up.

SO, PHEW, AT LONG LAST I HAVE A REASON TO GET UP IN THE MORNINGS !! <YEEEEEEEHAH> :banana: :banana:

It feels like it's been forever, but I've only actually been 'out of work' for just over a week (hehe). I take my hat of to the bums who sit outside our post offices drinking cans of beer first thing in the morning - that's true dedication :rock:

Tees,

Glad things worked out and you'll be back working soon. Can't have too much idle time on those hands..we need to keep you out of trouble! : ) Best of luck Monday!!

Michelle : )

Way to go TT thats fabbo news

Awwww I am terrible at getting up for work in the mornings, I get up, get dressed, take my meds and then go back to bed fully dressed hehe (100% truth) then I walk to work and spend the day crumpled.

BUT if I had a reason for getting out of bed in the morning such as bumming out and drinking beer (now that sounds like a solid plan). :roflmao:

GOOD LUCK

Super news TT --- please keep us informed about how it's going. I'm sending hugs and best wishes.
(take a deep breath - I hug hard ;))

So glad to hear your good news. I wish you good luck, TeeTees!
Sincerely,
Josie

Awwww, thanks everyone. I just can't wait to get started again....life's been real boring for the past 2 weeks - it's been like a solid 2 weeks of 'fishing' for work, and knock-backs.

I've also had another phone call since from another agency with a better paid job (doing the same) in a more local area, so they're gonna put my CV forward for that one, and hopefully that'll come back with positive results too, as it's a Permanent role.

Oh man, it's such a relief. But I'll have to say my final farewells to the bums sitting down at the Post Office tomorrow morning - I'll probably give 'em a six-pack of Beer for all their warm welcomes when they've been 'off their heads' first thing in the morning ! :roflmao:

Good for you Tees!....

Way to bust out of that bad sitch and turn things around!
:cheers:

Way to bust out of that bad sitch and turn things around!
:cheers:

Yeah, cheers spebs. I'm just real glad I took a stand, and showed who's in control of MY life....all good things will work themselves out in the end I guess....I just didn't wanna spend toooo much time doing nothing - the days are long, and the weekends ?..well, just aren't really weekends.

Onwards and Upwards hey ? :rock:

Congrats TT !!!!!
That sounds like a great opportunity. I know I'm out of trouble when I'm busy. (No brats before the interview or first day, please!).

Back
Top Bottom