want volunteer at childs hospital

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I'm calling today hoping to get into some volunteering I'm not able to work but I'd love to volunteer with children at this hospital.
Last person I talked to about it when I ask her about my epilepsy if that would cause a problem she said they'd put me somewhere safe what ever that means?

Belinda:e:

Good luck Belinda, hope they find something for you & you enjoy it.
I used to do a lot of volunteer work because I had trouble getting work. I did get the odd bit of casual or part time work but quite often it didn't last because I would have partial seizures while at work.

I had brain surgery almost 3 years ago & so far it has helped control my seizures, after my surgery i continued to do voluntary work while I looked for paid work.
I got a full time job in August which is the 1st full time I have ever had.

Before I got my job I was volunteering for a charity organisation that helps the needy which i had been doing on & off since 2004 which I enjoyed. I used to help in their charity shop mainly assisting the manager with administration stuff but also helped in the shop on the counter or helped with the furniture.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom