What 3 people would you have lunch with?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cheski

New
Reaction score
What 3 people, any people, separately or together, would you have lunch with if you had the ability to. Alive, dead, or fictional. Reasons can be written or omitted, poster's choice. Order can matter or not matter.

Only rule: PLEASE REFRAIN from referring to God (or other deities) as your "fictional" choice. Personal views aside, this is offensive to people and is just an unprovoked cheap shot, so no.

**This being circumstantial and ofc optional. IF one of your three wasn't a person of fiction, who would that one fictional person be?***

Mine:

1. My Papap (grandpa Joe). My grandparent that I was closest to and lost out of nowhere. He tought me how to throw a baseball, swing a golf club, roll a bowling ball among MANY other things and he was taken out of thin air. I had one who had Alzheimer's, another survived triple bypass, and one who smoked for over 60 years of her life. My papap, was in the garage building wood signs (main hobby) a week before he died and the healthiest sob I knew.

2. Abraham Lincoln. My favorite president, not b.c of the movie. I would mainly talk and ask him about his thoughts on today's government in America and frankly ask him how he would bitch slap everyone back on track.

3. Benjamin Franklin. Being a man of great intellect and one of the Founding Fathers. I would love to dig him up and have him meet President Lincoln get these guys introduced and acquainted and after that we can as 3 have our lunch together and do the same as stated above.

Fictional.
This is too hard for me to think thru. So I am just going to have to say Yoda. No specific reason

That is a good question, have to think about this.

1) I would love to sit down with Bernard and his wife and talk to them, just to see what they think and feel about the way the world looks at epilepsy.

2) Winston Churchill, I admire this man for the way he gave courage in his speeches.

3) Albert Einstein a brilliant mind and a person worth talking with.

4) Raiden from mortal kombat.

1. Thomas Jefferson, seriously want to see his reaction to the country. Lunch is going to have many fun topics to say the least haha.

2. Bruce Lee, he is huge inspiration for me with fighting, and just a really cool person overall.

3. Sir William Wallace, I think he would love to be around both of my previous choices. Plus hes a legend!

4. John Coffey from the Green Mile. He had the ability to cure the afflicted! Plus I loved his character in that movie its a win win.

Choosing a religious icon is not offensive to others. Shoving it down people's throats is.

That said:

1) Jesus Christ - Merely to see if he was the real deal. I mean it would answer one of the most commonly debated and asked questions throughout human history. Who would ever pass up an opportunity like this? Hell, I'd bring a camera and a voice recorder.

2) My father - I miss him. A lot. Died way too soon.

3) Genghis Khan - He is the most successful conqueror of all-time and built the largest empire in history. Yet, we know almost nothing about him. We don't know when he was born or where his remains are. There's no documentation of anything he ever said to anybody. Everything is second-hand information. Hell, we don't even know what he looked like. Again, camera and voice recorder.

My cat....I miss her a lot and would really like to have a good cuddle with her.

My grandparents....I just want them to see how I turned out :)

My brother.....we have a very strained relationship.

Jesus, Mohammed, Moses so I could find out what really happened.

Hm..

1. My grandfather who was murdered before I was born. My dad says I'm his mini me. And my mom's mom - my grandma, because she says I'm her mini me!

2. Jesus, because I have a lot of questions I'd like straightforward answers to.

3. Temple Grandin. Because she's amazing.

Martin Luther King Jr would be my number one.

Ill have to think more about the other 2...

1)George Clooney, I think he's wonderful.
2)Stephen Hawkings, a physicist with ALS who cannot speak, walk, or write, but still works. Such an inspiration.
3)Oliver Sacks, the author of "Awakenings" and several other books, he's a well known neurologist and I wold love to discuss the brain with him!

peter usetinov ironic funny wit.
john lennon his great off cuff homilies music and the beatles

marylin munro ask her do you think you were murdered and which brother was best in sack

Since it was specified if time travel was an option or not, I'll use it.

I'd go back in time to take myself out to lunch. This would be on the day when I suffered
a head trauma that possibly caused my seizures. Sure it would alter my future, but my future couldn't be any worse.

I'd love the chance have lunch and get to know my uncle Andrew. The little time I spent with him while he was healthy, I was too young to remember. The only memory I do have of him is of him dying in his bed of cancer. :(

Now for the is he or isn't he. I'd have lunch with Elvis Presley. Of course my mother would come because she absolutely loves his music and movies. This would be to find out if he truly is dead, died back then, or died recently. IMHO I believe the movie "Bubba Ho Tep" storyline for Elvis is very plausible.

For a fun lunch I liked to meet up with the "Red Rocker" himself Sammy Hagar. A lunch with him would truly be a awesome party. The lunch would oh course be at the Cabo Wabo.

Back
Top Bottom